How to setup G25 for RACE?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Just curious which settings other G25 owners use for this game.

I am curious about a lot of things and maybe you are so kind to share some information with us about the settings:

PROFILER

- Combined pedals (default: ticked)
- Degrees of rotation (default: 200)
- Forcefeedback enable (default: ticked) (all damper/spring settings default: 100)
- Centeringspring (default: unticked) (springforce: 100)

IN GAME

Settings

- Steering sensitivity (default: 50)
- Throttle sensitivity (default: 50)
- Brake sensitivity (default: 50)
- Clutch sensitivity (default: 50)

- Steering dead zone (default: 0)
- Throttle dead zone (default: 0)
- Brake dead zone (default: 0)

- Speed sensitive steering (default: 10)
- Hold button for gear (default: off)

Feedback

- Force feedback effects (default: low)
- Force feedback strength (default: 99)
- Reverse effects (default: on)

Thanks for the help guys

Thanks Tobias for all this info, I will try them tonight.
Yesterday I tried again to fine tune my brake FFB, all I achieved was a "no feeling whatever my brake behaviour" :/ I could not sense anything, even during lockup. Really frustrating.
To be honest, I don't know what I am supposed to get. Does the wheel is supposed to get stiffer under heavy braking ? What happens in real life during front lockup ? rear lockup ?

T
To be honest, I don't know what I am supposed to get. Does the wheel is supposed to get stiffer under heavy braking ? What happens in real life during front lockup ? rear lockup ?

The wheels get lighter in case you lock your front brakes, because the traction/resistance is gone. If you lock your front wheels the car gets nervous (shimming wheel), in case you want to turn in -> hell of understeering.

Me again,
Lets just say I am very with your settings (customFFB.rcs), wheel feelings are way better. The only modifications I did was to set the FFB effects to "FULL" instead of "Medium". During my friday race (heavy rain), I could sense the front & rear tyres loosing grip !
Thanks again for your settings !
Luc

• DougM

...Place the customFFB.rcs in the attached zip-File in your Controlset-Folder
"path_to_steam\STEAM\steamapps\your_username_\race 07\UserData\ControlSet\"
neither of the attached zip files appear to be valid, I'm receiving a corrupt file warning when trying to open them after downloading.... others?

Hi Luc,

I've spend so time in editing (wach out the FFB_GUIDE.zip in my attachment) the control file for GTR-Evo to get a feeling for under/oversteer.

Place the customFFB.rcs in the attached zip-File in your Controlset-Folder
"path_to_steam\STEAM\steamapps\your_username_\race 07\UserData\ControlSet\"

Check the settings for your g25 in the gamecontroller-menu. Choose the config file in the control-menu of GTR-Evo ->"Custom FFB G25" and adjust the FFb settings. Change the button association if you need to. Adjust the steering lock to ~30° in your car setup, if you use the full rotation of 900° with your g25.

I play Evo @60fps Vsync locked, if your fps are far from that search for D-section in the FFB-Guide.

Give me a feedback. :laugh2:

Absolutely fantastic FFB guide and settings. I can really feel my tires much better now. Many many thanks! :good:

As a possible buyer... Do you feel some vibration in this wheel when the wheels are locked during breaking?

If you turn up the brake vibration percentage in the options then yes. You can get it from How I have it where I get minor vibrations towards the end of heavy braking zones as the wheels are about to lock, right up as far as "if you tap the break Im going to rip your arms from the socket".

If you turn up the brake vibration percentage in the options then yes. You can get it from How I have it where I get minor vibrations towards the end of heavy braking zones as the wheels are about to lock, right up as far as "if you tap the break Im going to rip your arms from the socket".

Lol. That one is funny. :rotfl: I was playing with the brake vib % and first time I hit the brake pedal I couldn't keep the wheel straight. WT...
I have already some difficulties to keep the car on the track, if I have to fight with my wheel at each braking zones... :go-away:

Hi Doug,

that sounds strange, downloaded the files without problems. :music2:

Anyway, another DL-Link, hope this works.

http://rapidshare.com/files/199789487/reload.zip.html

Hi

I tried to download the files - the 1st link I get files that are corrupt and the 2nd link has reached dl limit.

I`m using Vista uf that us causing a DL problem ?

Could you please re-link or cut & paste the settings if not.

Eager to try these to get a nice feel.

Many Thanks

• leahcim

Question for folk here related to this, I don't have a G25, but the defaults for the driving force pro FFB seem the same, and I've got a driving force gt that I copied the driving force pro settings for.

But, I drove the mini first, set it up as 540 degrees. With FFB strength at 100% I could barely turn the wheel. Is that how it is for folk here who keep the defaults and use the G25? Is the mini really that heavy to turn? Is that realistic?

I ask because, I did turn it down and didn't think about it again. But I've noticed that most of the other cars feel too weak now. The WTCC stuff is not too bad, but stuff like the caterhams, radicals, formula BMW, F3000, even with the wheel set to 270 degrees for some of these, there's barely any FFB, so I have to turn it back up, much closer to 100%.

I don't really mind changing it, and I know it's partially taste, but I just wondered about realism and how heavy the steering in the cars "should" feel?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back