How to setup Bob's Track Builder and start using it?

T

Tygra

• Tygra

Hi all, just coming here because I have no clue how to setup Bob's Track Builder and start using it.

I have the folder "BobsSetup_0_4_2_3", and it is saved to my desktop. In the folder there is...

"BobsSetup
ReadMe
setup"

I've tried both "BobsSetup" and "setup" and it says they have both been installed; however, I get no desktop icon, so I don't know how to open it to start creating my own tracks.

Please can someone help? As I really want to start making some tracks for Richard Burns Rally.

Thanks in advance.

• 42Cliff

apparently .net 2 is default windows system files in vista and can't be removed? I'm not positive.

anyhow, try this:

from Intuit:
http://payroll.intuit.com/support/kb/kbitem/1010594.html

Run the System File Checker (sfc) tool by typing sfc /scannow in the Run window. Running sfc will attempt to repair all Windows operating system files, including Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
For more information about using sfc, refer to the following Microsoft knowledge base articles:
Windows Vista: "How to repair the operating system and how to restore the operating system configuration to an earlier point in time in Windows Vista."

• Tygra

Sorry Kerante, I'm not sure how to find the c:\temp folder. So when I click save when the download box appears for directx, where to I go to look for it?

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!

in the link download the file to c:\, doesnt matter where you download it to just as long as you know where it is, after its downloaded, run the file directx_mar2009_redist, it will ask you for a folder to extract it to, type in c:\temp and click ok, if the folder doesnt exist it will ask to create click yes, when its extracted, go to c:\temp folder and there run dxsetup.

• Tygra

Kerante, I did what you said, but when I clicked on "create", a message came up saying...

"That folder is invalid. Please make sure the folder exsits and is writable"

Cliff, yes I tried running it. When you do so do are you ment to get a black box kind of window come up? Thing is though when I did this the box came up for like a second and dissapeared.

hmmmm thats strange, do you have administrator rights, maybe try to extract it to a existing folder, when you run the file and you get to enter the folder to extract to, click on browse and choose some folder that already exists, or try creating a new folder first name it temp and then extract it to. if nothing works and you keep getting the error see if you have admin rights.

• Tygra

Right, what I've done is set my computer back to factory settings so everything is fresh.

Could someone give me the steps in the right order of how best to go about installing Bob's Track Builder?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%