How to set up your steering wheel for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Steering wheel alignment with in-game wheels & eliminating steering lag

To match your steering rotation with the in-game steering wheel rotation, just make sure your "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" setting in CONTROLS menu matches your controller setting - be that 180, 270, 540, 900 or whatever - this setting affects the in-game graphical steering wheel rotation only. If the controller setting and this in-game setting are the same, both graphical and controller wheels steering position will match 1:1.

If the controller setting and in-game steering wheel rotation are the same but they are still not aligning all the time or lagging, check that:

- steering help is switched off;
- speed sensitivity slider in CONTROLS > CONTROLLER 2 menu is at 0%;
- your FPS performance is over 60 FPS;
- VSync is switched off.

Setting up the correct steering ratio

For controlling the car you also need to ensure the steering ratio is correct. This is the ratio between your controller steering rotation and in-game steering lock (the maximum angle the front wheels will turn, set from the Garage menu).

Default steering lock for all cars is 14 degrees, which is suitable for 270º of steering rotation from your controller. You can achieve better & more realistic steering ratio by setting steering rotation & steering lock as below:

-For the formula cars, MR18, Marcas and the StockV8s, set your controller rotation to 450-540 degrees, and steering lock to 18-24 degrees;

-For the Camaro, Opala and Mini set steering rotation to 900º, and steering lock to 30-33 degrees;

-For the karts, set steering to 180º, keeping default steering lock of 16 degrees.

Keep in mind that the steering rotation that is relevant to steering ratio is from your controller profile - the steering rotation you can set from the CONTROLS menu is just for the graphical steering wheel.

Force Feedback settings

Logitech G25 / G27
p6ZWaLK.jpg

(sorry for portuguese but should be self-explanatory)

As described above, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car, which will require re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

You don´t necessarily have to access the Logitech profile to change wheel rotation with the G25 / G27 - you can do it from the controller itself, by holding the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 240 degrees

Right: 670 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 degrees

Apparently this also will work for the DFGT, but obviously the settings and buttons to press are different.

In-game there is no secret - just use the settings from the default G25 / G27 profiles, making sure
FFB effects is set to Low and strentgh to -100% . Adjust "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" to match your Logitech profile setting:

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

(Not that the "HEAD MOVEMENT / LOOK AHEAD / EXAGGERATE YAW sliders are for the view movement in-cockpit, not related to the actual controller setting. Digital rates are relevant for keyboards / gamepad users)
NvYYX1k.jpg

There is naturally a degree of of personal taste to these settings - you may increase centering force for example if you prefer more resistance from the wheel around the center, or you may increase FFB effects in-game from LOW to add canned effects, but these settings should provide the purest FFB.

Settings for TM T500 RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 will follow up shortly.

Last edited:
I have almost given up playing Multiplayer GSCE with my Thrustmaster T500RS. Every race ends in disaster for me with two recurring problems that only happen in GSCE for me. All my other race sims behave perfectly.

No.1 When racing sometimes, my screen will go dark 9almost as if the monitor has switched modes or gone to sleep) and then come back again. Obviously this ruins any session because I cant see. It only happens for a second or two and then comes back.

No.2 And far more serious is my Thrustmaster TS500 loses all Force Feedback and tries to recalibrate. This normally happens during a race. I have my driver settings on TM's default and the games setting on low but with full effects. I have tried many different settings but it always happens. The only cure is to reboot my PC when it does happen. Once done, the game runs as normal again until it happens again sometime later.

These two things only happen with GSCE. Very weird.

@Rieza any help?

@Mid-pack Jack
Just my thoughts about your problems:
No. 1: did you overclock your video card perhaps? When I push my video card too far, the video driver crashes and this results in a black screen for a few seconds as well due to the automatic driver restart by Windows. Or maybe it's a video card cooling problem.
No. 2: is the T500 getting too hot? Maybe a cooling problem in the wheel.

@Mid-pack Jack
Just my thoughts about your problems:
No. 1: did you overclock your video card perhaps? When I push my video card too far, the video driver crashes and this results in a black screen for a few seconds as well due to the automatic driver restart by Windows. Or maybe it's a video card cooling problem.
No. 2: is the T500 getting too hot? Maybe a cooling problem in the wheel.

Tried with GPU overclocked and without. Also the Thrustmaster problem happens sometimes having only just started with the sim.

It never ever happens in any other sim.

When comes the update where G27 owners only have to set the rotation to 900 degrees ingame and everything else is done by the game? I don't want to change anything in logitech-profiler (there it should stay at 900 deg). Is this so difficult for Reiza? In other games like Assetto Corsa it works like a charm...

It is a bit yeah, otherwise we would have added it already :) We know for a fact a poor controller configuration is the main issue preventing some users from enjoying GSC properly.

Opening post updated now with the G25 / G27 settings below - I will also include settings for T500RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 after I manage to do some testing with them.

Logitech G25 / G27

p6ZWaLK.jpg

As per the opening post, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car as described in the opening post (which involves some re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

In-game there is no secret - just use the settings from the default G25 / G27 profiles, making sure
FFB effects is set to Low and strentgh to -100% . Adjust "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" to match your Logitech profile setting:

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

(Not that the "HEAD MOVEMENT / LOOK AHEAD / EXAGGERATE YAW sliders are for the view movement in-cockpit, not related to the actual controller setting. Digital rates are relevant for keyboards / gamepad users)
NvYYX1k.jpg

There is naturally a degree of of personal taste to these settings - you may increase centering force for example if you prefer more resistance from the wheel around the center, or you may increase FFB effects in-game from LOW to add canned effects, but these settings should provide the purest FFB.

Hello.
After some months in RRE, I miss possibility to have night driving, tyres pressure adjustment, etc.
GSCE is known to provide one of the best ffb among the market.
So, tonight I will probably purchase GSCE !
And this G27 setting will be helpful.
So, nothing else to touch in plr and other files ?

My weel is G27 but I use Fanatec Elite pedals connected through usb.
Any chance it's recognized directly?
I could see in this thread buttons are assigned automatically and someone had difficulties to change it. I have my habits in buttons assignements.
So, is it actually easy to re-assigne buttons (as Rfactor) or impossible?

It is a bit yeah, otherwise we would have added it already :) We know for a fact a poor controller configuration is the main issue preventing some users from enjoying GSC properly.

Opening post updated now with the G25 / G27 settings below - I will also include settings for T500RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 after I manage to do some testing with them.

Logitech G25 / G27

p6ZWaLK.jpg

As per the opening post, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car as described in the opening post (which involves some re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

NvYYX1k.jpg

Thank you for the detailed help. But can you at leat ESTIMATE WHEN this will be fixed in an update? I just would like to know how long I have to wait because I don't want to change my logitech-profiler-settings as I use them for Assetto Corsa too and there it has to be 900 degrees for my G27.

Thank you for the detailed help. But can you at leat ESTIMATE WHEN this will be fixed in an update? I just would like to know how long I have to wait because I don't want to change my logitech-profiler-settings as I use them for Assetto Corsa too and there it has to be 900 degrees for my G27.

U can make a profile for every game u want with separate settings.

U can make a profile for every game u want with separate settings.
I already tried that and messed around with the settings but for me it didn't work to get both games running (AC and GSCE) perfect with different profiles. So I decided to use only the "global settings" and now it works (but only for AC). I hope that if GSCE will implement proper wheel-support for the G27 (and the G27 HAS 900 degrees) with future update and then I will have no problems anymore... Therefore I just asked WHEN such an update might happen.

You can make different profiles for different race sims!

Or maybe this below will work for you for fast easy steering rotation changes.
http://me.selah.ca/logitech-g27-900-degrees-steering-across-racing-games/
Thank you. It's really nice how much help and how fast you get help here!
I just messed around again with the profiler-settings. I created again a specific profile for AC and for GSCE (with 900 deg for AC and 270 deg for GSCE as suggested from the dev above).
Then I chose "Start GSCE" from the profiler and you know what? It didn't work again. In the ingame controller config menu you can see bars filling with red color when you turn your wheel. And there I already saw that it wouldn't work, because the bar only filled fully red, when I turned my G27-wheel the whole 900 degrees. So I started a race and - yep the 900 degrees are still there.
For me it only works in GSCE if I change from 900 degrees to 270 degrees in GLOBAL gamesettings. But I don't want to change my global settings each time I play another sim. If I play AC I would have to turn it back to 900 degrees. The trick you provided in your post with the "shortcuts" on the G27 don't contain the 270 degress the dev told me.
It is really sooo annoying!!! I just continue playing AC and wait for an update in GSCE. It would be really nice if a dev would estimate IF or WHEN such an update could arrive. It's such a showstopper for me. I can't believe why Reiza can create a good sim but is struggling in implementing one of the most common wheels on the market. What I expect from a modern sim is that I start the game and all the cars work without having to mess around in the profiler/drivers-settings!

When u create a profile look for .exe file in game's folder, in the case of GSCE the file is "gse.exe", not launcher or other. Same with Asseto Corsa, "ac.exe" , else it wil not work.

set 540' for formula cars and gt cars in profile, then in game set the same.

Not sure how many are using 270 degrees! I use 540 degrees and have setups with the for me best steering lock.
Anyway you can easy use 900 degrees and make a setup for the cars you drive with the steering lock you you like.
But yes, would be nice if it was automatic in-game.

When u create a profile look for .exe file in game's folder, in the case of GSCE the file is "gse.exe", not launcher or other. Same with Asseto Corsa, "ac.exe" , else it wil not work.

set 540' for formula cars and gt cars in profile, then in game set the same.
I used the correct exe-files and not launchers, but it doesn't work. Perhaps it has a problem with Steam-games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back