How to set up Automobilista?

I'd like to get my controllers set up on this sim, but something is wrong and I don't know how to fix this.
This is what's currently shown in settings/controls:
IMG_1264.JPG

I'm using an OSw with a HRS button plate on the wheel and HE pedals and a HE seq. shifter and HE handbrake which are connected to the pedal's Bodnar controller and there's a Simxperience SX3000 hooked up as well controlling actuators of a 3DOF rig. The HE gear is all calibrated using DIView and the whole setup is working fine on AC.
Here the questions:
1. What "Presets" option am I supposed to choose?
2. As you can see there's a signal coming from somewhere - I disconnected all sim controls/input devices one by one, but that signal is always there...don't know how to get rid of it. When trying to allocate a device I get this message:
IMG_1264.JPG
IMG_1265.JPG

I hit Space and then "JOY1 B11" is listed under the device I wanted to set up...so I'm turning in circles.

I was racing GSC quite a while ago - really loved it - and since my contribution to Reiza's bonanza I've got Automobilista, but never used it. I really liked GSC and I think it must have been improved a lot in the last 2 years.
So it would be great if I could finally get it going instead of having it parked uselessly there on Steam.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I don't have your hardware but I will try to help. You don't need a preset, just load a generic one and bind keys to your wheels, button box and pedals and save it, set force feedback as Pure and give it a try.

I don't have your hardware but I will try to help. You don't need a preset, just load a generic one and bind keys to your wheels, button box and pedals and save it, set force feedback as Pure and give it a try.

Cheers DaVeX. Good to know that the Preset selection doesn't matter. The problem is I can't allocate my inputs to my gear because that signal from Joy1 B11 is immediately being assigned to whatever input I pick.

you have a shifter or something engaged which is over-riding everything.

Thanks Alex. Nothing is engaged as far as I know. I unplugged all my gear one by one and each time I tried, but there's always that Joy1 B11 signal.
As I mentioned before AC hasn't caused me any issues and I've just setup my gear on iracing as well without a problem.
Back when I was racing GSC there was a limit on the number of input devices, i.e. 3.
That's the reason I connected my seq. shifter and handbrake to the pedal controller as well. So I've got all my HE gear on one controller, the Argon OSw and my HRS button plate (it's all properly calibrated with DIView - there are dead zones set up making sure all the load cells aren't messing things up)
However, I think that has been changed in the meantime anyway if I remember correctly.
Cheers

I uninstalled and re-installed the game, but it's still the same...didn't really expect it to fix the issue...just running out of options.
I've not mentioned AC and iracing because I think they're better in any way. It's just if there was a permanent signal, broken device or whatever other sims would detect that as well, at least based on my logic.
In AC button 11 belongs to a 12-way rotary switch on my button plate. No idea if that's the same Automobilista is detecting as Joy1 B11. However, that thing works.
It's a pity I can't get that thing going.

Are you sure rotary switch is set to 0?
Btw, I will try as follow, chose the keyboard preset, edit it (if you can) and save it with another name, try to rotate the rotary switch (or all of them if you have more than 1) and see if signal goes off...
Sometimes a switch, pedal or button even if not pressed can be seen as on and once pressed as off (I had a similar issue with another game, I have to press brake pedal to be sure it was seen as off) so try to push/rotate all the buttons of your rig...
If problem persist you can try to manually edit saved controller profile...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back