How to set Dedicated Server on rFactor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can setup a rF server in two ways Mtommi.

- Dedicated server
- Hosted server from ingame

The dedicated server is a seperate program in your rFactor folder. Hosted is just a matter of create online game.

For both you need to open ports on your router's firewall. See this PDF: http://negativesum.net/games/rfactor/files/rfactor_dedicated_server_hosting_guide.pdf

If you have enabled your Windows firewall on the pc from which you host, you probably need to enable the dedicatedserver.exe and/or the rfactor.exe access to outside. If you use another firewall (not windows default) you probably need to open the same ports as described in the guide.

Good luck mate.

I set more,but can not in interent server list,Why?
Pls help me :)

5fmers.jpg

29avb7n.jpg

2hmmonm.jpg

2ziwsy8.jpg

24v0hfc.jpg

23tgoko.jpg

24b3qmv.jpg

Did you try and refresh 10 times or so?

Also try entering IP address: ( Press the Blue + button )

192.168.11.2:port ( put your port there )

See if you find it then.

Also, as Nigel said, you could try Hamachi, ( google it ) Works for allot of people who can't host normally.

My mean is
I join RD server,i click server,and then key the password is ok to join,
But,i open server,why Clayton need go to a test race and enter in chat "ISI_BABYFACTORY" in caps hit return,and then can join my server,
So,i am understand,
What server setting on RD ?

• Klyde Parker

Hey Peeps,

Ok, here's the deal... when I log into some of the RD servers, the tire wear & fuel use factors are set to NORMAL. When I run my server, the dedicated server applet drop down tab shows that 2x is the LOWEST value available??? I imagine that it is in some "ini" or "cfg" somewhere but I have looked everywhere I can think of and must have missed it. I like to throw up a test server for myself and others... But want it to mimick RD server or testing won't be valid.

HELP.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

• Klyde Parker

Anybody?

Cmon, show some community spirit... I'm offering my server up for you guys... Nobody has any info on this and could help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%