1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to save fuel in wet races?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by samjealsha, Oct 24, 2011.

1. I always have this problem when racing in the wet, I run on standard mix 2 but every time at the end of the final lap of the race I always run out of fuel. AI is very fast so I can't afford to switch down to fuel mix 1. I know I'm aggressive on the throttle when exiting corners cause it is hard to feather the throttle when using a trigger of a gamepad even if it is analog. What should I do? Is there something wrong with my gear ratios? If it is so should i use higher or lower gear ratios in the wet?
  2. When you are having a decent lead over someone switch to mix 1 and when someones closing switch to mix 2 and when someone on your tail switch to mix 3
  3. Unless you're very good with throttle control mix 3 is not really preferred in wet conditions as it will give you more wheelspin, if you use mix 1 you might actually have an easier time going out of corners.

Higher gear ratios will also make it a little bit easier (atleast on the lower gears) to get good traction out of corners. Also, short-shift as much as you can (if you use manual gears) to counter wheelspin.

Personally I tend to short-shift a lot in the wet to minimize the risk of spinning out or just getting bad traction out of corners. Takes a bit of practice but once you learn it you will be a much better driver ;)
  4. Thanks you guys... Practice!!! Practice!!! Practice!!!