F1 2011 How to save fuel in wet races?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I always have this problem when racing in the wet, I run on standard mix 2 but every time at the end of the final lap of the race I always run out of fuel. AI is very fast so I can't afford to switch down to fuel mix 1. I know I'm aggressive on the throttle when exiting corners cause it is hard to feather the throttle when using a trigger of a gamepad even if it is analog. What should I do? Is there something wrong with my gear ratios? If it is so should i use higher or lower gear ratios in the wet?

Unless you're very good with throttle control mix 3 is not really preferred in wet conditions as it will give you more wheelspin, if you use mix 1 you might actually have an easier time going out of corners.

Higher gear ratios will also make it a little bit easier (atleast on the lower gears) to get good traction out of corners. Also, short-shift as much as you can (if you use manual gears) to counter wheelspin.

Personally I tend to short-shift a lot in the wet to minimize the risk of spinning out or just getting bad traction out of corners. Takes a bit of practice but once you learn it you will be a much better driver ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%