1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How to remove the names displayed over other cars during races

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Billy Pilgrim, Apr 21, 2014.

1. I've just started playing this great game. It's really good!

I'm new to pc simming so I've got a bit of a basic question I can't find the answer to.

During races (offline) some names are displayed over other cars. I want to get rid of these names being displayed. I do not like seeing these names at all - breaks the immersion and all that.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these names over cars? Please let me know.

2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Hit TAB

3. Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

I tried that already. I saw the there was "toggle overlays" in the controls which corresponds with Tab. So I tried using Tab in a race and it didn't work so I assigned "o" to toggle overlays, that didn't work either.

Then I saw your reply so I reassigned Tab, and it still didn't work.

Has Tab worked for you?

4. Try num pad 0

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Maybe I reassigned it to TAB, apologies, but there is a setting in the controls. You're using the wrong key - you need to set a key for "Vehicle Labels"

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Thanks a lot for your help with this. I found it; as Andrew James pointed out, it was the 'vehicle labels' thingy. I had just missed it. I had my first day of pc sim racing yesterday (playing GSC and DTM Experience) - quite a lot of new stuff to understand and find. I'm really, really enjoying it though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

If you're brave enough to join us on TeamSpeak, you'll find we're a friendly bunch who are always willing to help @Billy Pilgrim

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1