How to remove dirt build-up completely? What about helmet?

Dirt build-up is getting on my nerves. If it was more realistic then OK, but it's totaly overdone. I haven't seen a racecar with sweeping wipers lap after lap in short sprint races.

I tried Windscreen dirt buildup="0" in player file, but don't know if it works actually because there is still some dirt build-up.

I removed helmet view, but it looks weird when there is still dirt build-up. I read something about "no bug" mod or something but haven found it anywhere.

It should be possible to replace those dirt textures for transparent, but where they are located? I haven't found anything yet.

:confused:

It would be nice if people would share the solutions to their problems.. The fact that you had a problem and you got it solved somehow doesn't give anything back to community. Folks here will help for free to solve your problems so if you have a problem and got it solved, please share it!

Kennett, there were, at one time time, both here and other sites, files for no bugs and no visors. They have been removed. I don't know it there is a legality problem or what but since I know they aren't there anymore I'm reluctant to upload them as I have no rights.

Yes. Even though I would like to share with you, I didn't want to upload anything because it was removed before and I don't know why.

But I don't know if it was a big problem because you need to repace just two textures in "race 07\gamedata\teams\"

SE_DIRTSPOT_00.DDS
SE_DIRTSPOT_01.DDS

They are located in "race 07 textures.gcf" for steam version, so you can extract and then decrypt them with "wtcced" and then edit them. :facepalm:

I wanted to do it myself but wasn't able to find those textures.

I have no idea why such a mod would be removed. It's the same as the mods that modify/remove the helmet view or change the dust/smoke/fire effects, in that they're just texture replacements. For now, those that want it can get it from my SkyDrive unless someone actually knows why it may not be allowed.

No Bugs / No Helmet Mod

Edit:

I've updated the archive to include the no helmet mod and a readme file. Cheers Dennis. :)

I have no idea why such a mod would be removed. It's the same as the mods that modify/remove the helmet view or change the dust/smoke/fire effects, in that they're just texture replacements. For now, those that want it can get it from my SkyDrive unless someone actually knows why it may not be allowed.

No Bugs / No Helmet Mod

Edit:

I've updated the archive to include the no helmet mod and a readme file. Cheers Dennis. :)

Thanks you guys a lot. Sorry about pickering but it is the main fault in any forums that provide support...People asking questions and not sharing the answer.. Just check the millions of google results when trying to find a solution to anything, "i got....." and the next post is "sorted".. I was asking cause i had that nodirt installed in the previous rig but lost it and couldn't find it again.

If i remember correctly, the nodirt doesn't completely eliminate the bugs/splats but reduces their opacity so it doesn't bother so much.. Also when using novisor the bugs appear in a space where there was only helmet visible (top/bottom), the probability of dirt hitting the center of view is less, allthough the dirt might be there in the default helmet view, we just don't see them then..

A nice list of these "soft mods" would be nice... There's a lot of customizing available, ranging from the main menu* to different kinds of texture "hacks" like novisor but no comprehensive list of filenames and folder structures. Everything i've learn about modding/track building has been thru snippets of info scattered around in the wastness of cybercpace and hours upon hours of testing and digging. Countless amounts of restarts as the game needs to load from the start everytime some edits are made.

Thankfully SimRacingManager is now available so i can take all the mods and addon tracks away when testing... If the game would start a little faster, a similar approach like the almighty RBR with RSRBR, where RSRBR defines the mods and the game is launched for every stage, would be possible.. But RBR launches in seconds as Race takes tens of seconds.

PS: i never got the customized RD menu to work....SimBin has had a increasing tendency to use colors that are the absolute worst for text..Come on RaceOn, max saturated red on grey? Can't see sh&t with the colors creating optical illusions, it isn't much better in other expansion UIs..A little more shadows would help or creating bolder outlines for the letters or something..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back