F1 2011 how to record a race in f1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I would like to know how to record a race? Some told me to use Fraps, but I tried it in F1 2010 and was not able to have a full race in one file and it took a lot a gigs. So can someone help me with that, I see a lot of video on Youtube so it should have a program that we can use that will not take to much CPU.

Thank you

Haven't tried it yet (the installer is still waiting in my Downloads folder), but some recommend MSI Afterburner. They say it doesn't slow the whole system down like Fraps does, so simultaneously playing and recording is much more comfortable.
BUT I'm guessing you'll still need quite a lot of disk space for uncompressed video data, if you want to record a whole GP. Later you can always use a codec like Xvid, to compress the file and reduce if from few GB to just a couple hundreds MB.

The application I have is MSI Kombustor - I've obviously downloaded the wrong thing, but I couldn't find the Afterburner link. The settings on Kombustor don't include a video capture tab. I'll keep looking.
Got it - there were two setup files in the download and I had run the wrong one

I remember having the same problem as you a long time ago qen, I ended up with Kombustor and scratching my head :confused:

Luckily now I own Fraps (fraps.com), Playclaw (playclaw.com), and Bandicam (bandicam.com), all of them are commercial software. There are 2 others I have tested as demos, that's Action! (mirillis.com), and Dxtory (dxtory.com). The Action! interface is nice.

Playclaw is V2 at the moment, V3 is in beta and is free to those that own V2. V2 uses a standard application window, and V3 predominately will use an overlay system (to changes settings etc.) in whatever game you are running. So there will be no need to drop out of the game to change fps capture rate, compression settings, or cpu core usage etc.

Tried Afterburner and results are quite good but I cant open the saved avi's with Sony vegas or movie maker live (get sound but black screen on both) so guess I'll stick with FRAPS

By default Afterburner uses Motion JPEG compression (MJPEG), it has another one called RTV1, which I am not familiar with, It also has uncompressed, which will be most like fraps, with large file sizes.

I use other programs as stated above, and I often use MJPEG, I also use Vegas with no problem.

It may want to try and download and install a MJPEG Codec (Compressor/Decompressor), then seeing if you can now load it into Vegas. There are a few, but here is 2 to choose from :-

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/codecs/morgan_m-jpeg_codec.cfm
http://www.free-codecs.com/motion_jpeg_codec_download.htm

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back