1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to raise or lower the horizon?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Raido, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Hi chaps,

Here's a question I've not been able to find a conclusive answer to: how d'ya raise or lower the horizon (mountains) in rFactor?

I'm fairly sure that it's the skyboxi.gmt in the .scn file and possibly varying the associated "Pos=" values, but not quite sure what do to with them.

Regards, R
  2. Pos=(0.0,-15.0,0.0) are the values for Longford. -15 is lower by 15 units (meters i guess). so i guess it's left/right, up/down, forward/back. The middle part is what you want.
  3. hi, you can do it with 3dsimed, but another posibilities may be

4. I've been tinkering with this for a while and I've begun to think there's a bug in the horizon positioning variables mentioned above.

Tried to reposition the skybox/horizon for GTR2, but although the "Pos=(0.0 etc" values do work for *rotating* this (second set of pos values), they don't seem to do anything if I try it in the firstmost set of values (first 'Pos' entry'), which I supposed was for changing height and position.

Anyone able to confirm/deny this? Note that even if I put in some drastic values, the horizon didn't change at all. But horizon *rotating* did work.