F1 2010 How to raise/lower front wing in race?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
How to raise/lower front wing in race? What button in keyboard it is? In my keybord customization i haven't seen with what button i can raise or lower it.

There's a four-button menu that can be accessed during the race. I forget what the buttons are called in the keyboard customization, but they are there somewhere (look for a set of four buttons). Try pressing them during the race - you'll see how it works.

To change the wings it'll be Right > Right > Up or Down.

Default KB keys go clock wise 1 is up , 2 is right , 3 is down , 4 is left . In our game " edit controls " we can re-map these keys right to our wheels . On the fly the rear wing can go up for the straights and then back down to get all the down force again for breaking into the corners . I watched the pro's earlier at Melbourn Q1 using the on board rear wing adjustment . Vettel took #1 , Hamilton #2 & Webber #3 for Q1 . Mapping the rear wing adjustment to our wheels & getting use to using it is the way to go .

I never bother to change my wing angle unless i have taken on some damage, or im actually lacking downforce in every part of the track, i think its more important to get other setups correct (such as toe and camper) than just the wing angle, and if im honest, i notice hardly any difference between + and - during races. I think its more important to just concentrate and focus on your apexes and exits, than to actually fiddle with settings, and as i am a PS3 player, pressing left,right,up and left,right,down just to change a wing angle, is one hell of an arse about and usually makes me loose concentration. The only time where i would consider changing angles during a lap, is when there is a big difference between the downforce required for each sector. For example, Spa, where the 1st and 3rd sector are high speed zones, and the 2nd sector is technical and needs downforce, i may change the wing to + for that sometimes. But as for changing angles corner to corner and straight to straight, i think thats overkill and an easy way of making mistakes due to lack of consentration.

I mapped my in game quick menu keys to my Carrera wheels right side buttons . With plenty of seat time in practice sessions I'm sure raising and lowing the rear wing in strategic places on the track will become second nature . When It does become second nature I'll put it to use in race . Every area of tuning our cars is important Ragnarok1664 , I'm just saying the rear wings ability to raise and lower is another key area to lower our lap times . Test it out in some practice sessions .

I mapped my in game quick menu keys to my Carrera wheels right side buttons . With plenty of seat time in practice sessions I'm sure raising and lowing the rear wing in strategic places on the track will become second nature . When It does become second nature I'll put it to use in race . Every area of tuning our cars is important Ragnarok1664 , I'm just saying the rear wings ability to raise and lower is another key area to lower our lap times . Test it out in some practice sessions .

You have front wing control in game, not rear wing!

You have front wing control in game, not rear wing!
Yep the front wing adjustment is right for Codemaster F1 2010 , thanks James Chant . The rear wing though is adjustable this year 2011 in the real world F1 series so Codemasters new F1 2011 should have both front and rear wing adjustments in race . Back to the front wing adjustment with seeing the driver's right hand go to the wheel when we adjust the front wing , if anyone doesn't see this then go into your game options and enable " OSD " . I turned that off and I couldn't adjust my wing anymore and when I turned " OSD " on , my wing adjusted again .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%