1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How to play Schumacher in Career

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by David Le Saint, Oct 4, 2012.

1. David Le Saint

David Le Saint
    Yare yare daze...

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how can I play Schumacher in my career mode, if I choose him for my rival, and if I accepted the Mercedes contract, would it be to play Nico or Michael.

Please, help me to play the best driver of all time, Michael Schumacher !

Thanks

2. In carrer or challenge mode you play as yourself... always.

• Like Like x 1
  3. My email says that if I beat my rival I may be offered his place, so I chose Massa. I'm yet to see how it pans out.
    So choosing Schuey should get you his seat if you beat him.
    [But if you choose Schumacher and beat him, he will not be in next year. Why not beat Rosberg and have Schuey as your team mate? :) ]

4. David Le Saint

David Le Saint
    Yare yare daze...

No I would like to take his place AS Schey, I take his helmet and his name, so in fact, the question is how to be the N1 driver in Mercedes ^^ And after that I change my name to Michael Schumacher ;) Thanks, I'll try that !

5. Hmmm.... I think you need RDE edit to do it. Change Mercedes ID so you can choose that team to start with an then mark Rosberg as 1'st driver!? But i'm not sure....

6. OK, the only way I think you can do this then is to use a mod which allows you to start in a top team. Then go to the modded database, go to the f1 teams tab, untick Schuey as #1 and tick the other Merc as number one driver. Then you can create a new profile with the name Michael Schumacher and choose Mercedes. :)
    Edit: sorry Serwinho I just realised that is pretty much what you already said.

7. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Hey, can anyone of you make that?

I really want to play as "Schumacher"

Would be great!

Thanks

8. OK, I have just created this. Now you can choose Mercedes instead of Caterham. You will be taking Schueys place so you could create a profile and call yourself Michael Schumacher.
    WARNINGS!
    1) backup your original database file first!
    2)NOT tested in other game modes
    3) I have NOT tested this other than to check I can select the right driver in career.
    4) remember that many mods will stop working after a new patch from steam, that may well apply to this one. Usually the new database can be amended and the career continued, but this is not guaranteed.

I do not know if the power of the engine is altered by swapping with Caterham. I drove two laps and it feels ok but again no guarantees.

ALSO you are obviously going to be wearing your own helmet, you would have to download a mod to use Michaels helmet.

Hope it works ok for you. :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/start-career-in-schumachers-mercedes.215/viewfile

9. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

THANKS, and i have all helmets of the schuey pack :D

10. OK, I hope it works ok, let me know :) I am continuing my career in the Williams, but it looked good in the Merc !

11. One more thing - remember most of these mods, this one included, may well stop working when another patch comes from Steam. It can usually be re-written & the career continued, but you may lose a saved career at that point. (I have been able to carry mine on so far, but it is never guaranteed).

12. David Le Saint

David Le Saint
    Yare yare daze...

Hey guys ! Thanks for your answers ! But I've succeeded ! I take Michael for my rival, and Ross Brawn give his place after beating him ! It's done, I'm Michael Schumacher 7 Times World Champion !!

Michael,you're the best forever, we love you ! from France...

• Like Like x 1