Skins How to paint the rims on the Huayra?

Hi,

I'm working on a skin for the Pagani Huayra and I'd like to paint the rims in the same gold color used on the zonda. I changed the rim base color and used rim_map to get rid of the chrome-effect, but the closest I get is shown in the images below. Regardless its color, the rim_map always results in a very dark layer on top of the base color. Changing rim-detail doesn't seem to affect anything. Is there a proper way to paint these rims without changing their material?

Thanks!

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

rim_map changes the specularity, to change the actual color you'll want to edit either rim_d or rim-detail. [edit] Sorry, either you added some detail or I missed it. Editing those doesn't seem to do anything for me either. Odd.

Last edited:
It's probably related to EXT_Rim_Base having to much of a low ksAmbient and ksDiffuse values (0.05).

Thanks, that's what I thought. I just edited EXT_RIM_Base to match the values of the zonda's material and the color representation works fine. But I guess there's no way in recreating the gold color (or any other color) without modifying the .kn5, so black rims it is. Too bad!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back