1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make gauge needles work in 0.65.4

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Cobra, May 30, 2010.

1. I was wondering how to make the needles reappear on my cars? I hadn't looked through all of the threads on here, but the ones I saw hadn't had anything.

Does anyone know, or even use
  2. It is a knowed bug in newer racers, mate. (with cg)
  3. KS95

RACER Moderator

Sadly I never got them working :/ There are still needle problems in the current version too. Let's hope that bug is fixed for the next version :) (and that you might be able to run the next version by then xD)
  4. v083 has the gauge problem fixed. ;)
  5. and probably introduced new problems. I for my part sometimes need to restart the race multiple times until gauges and mirrors are displayed correctly. After dropping back to the menu from incorrect display, the menu is also kind of destroyed (but still clickable).

When my Linux is done compiling large chunks of code I might make some screenshots ...
  6. KS95

RACER Moderator

Yeah, I think I know what you mean, I get it too :/
  7. Try selecting the car from the "quick race" button in the menu after selecting a track. Works for me, no missing needles,etc.
  8. dont work for me =( raCer v088
  9. KS95

RACER Moderator

Same here :/
  10. List the cars that don't work, please.
  11. Hiya Boomer541,
    Just off the top, for me using, the:
    2005 Ford Mustang GT
    2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
    2005 Ford F-150 beta
    2008 GMC Sierra
    1970 Olds 442-W30
    2003 Ferrari F-430 spyder
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    2005 Austin Martin DB9

These are the cars I drive the most, and its the "behind the wheel" view, or "driver" view....please help-lol!
  12. KS95

RACER Moderator

After wiping my hard drive and ending up back on Linux, it actually works now... strange... but thanks!
  13. My version of cayman use to appear needles when i set time up at night and turn on the lights. The old one not. Many cars i do it, the needles came again.
  14. Just to add, I say choose view #3, and I have needles if I "drive off the hood view". I would like to see the gauges with needles while in the driver's seat.

@ AMGfan (BPM) are you running the version like me? I don't think i even have any night tracks...lol!
  15. hm i have shutoko C1 from boomer.. but i mean, i set the time using SHIFT + ' to night time.
  16. I'll try the Aston Martin DB9 in ver and see what happens.
  17. Aston Martin DB9 gauges work fine in ver with my nVidia GTX285 but the car has a lot of Qlog errors that need fixing!
  18. Hi Boomer541,
    If you get the qlog errors fixed, I presume for your version of the game, will those same fixes work for my version
    If they do, let us all enjoy the fixed car...:D

So that may repair one on my list-lol! Thanks in advance!
  19. i will do and add lights to it!