how to make an aiw wetpath

Hello,

over one year ago I built the R1-circuit and released it here.

Now I am preparing an update with a larger grid and rainreflections.

It's almost done and now I realised that I have to make a wetpath
in the aiw-file. That's it, I don't know how. I use BTB EVO and I can't
get Jimola to work. Does someone have a hint for me?

BTW, is there a chance to convince BTB to allow three cars per team?

Thank you very much:cool:

Try Guitarman AIW editor. If i remember correctly, it had the option to copy fastline to wetline. After that you can make the changes in that editor, when you get the hang of it's smoothing options, it does really good fastline to wetline...ööh... line...(vocabulary, don't fail me know...)

Three cars per team: use three cars per team in AIW editing menu in BTB...Haven't really used BTB for a while but i believe i've done it with that multiple times...

A good tip: When you track geometry is completed, ie, every bumb and hill is it's final form, ask if someone can convert your track to rFactor (BTB Pro user). If you have rFactor installed, you can download ISI aiw/cam editor, it's the best tool to do a really natural fastline and it has one more feat: if you use rFactor Steering Assist:Full, you can drive thru the track at AI speed, hold the steering wheel centered and check your self can the AI do it... With that method you can even modify the corner so that AI makes it, AI is editing it self.. ANd there's option, albeit complcated one, to make the AI make the fastline on it's own via learning algorithms already built in the game engine.. These all are disabled in Race07 but it uses the same base for it's AI than rF... IMHO, fastline and othe AIW editing should take a considerable time in your project and involve multiple drivers in different skill levels...It's te single most important thing after any kind of surface you car stands on, more important than any visual feat there is.

Hi Kennett,

thank you very much for your detailed answer. Last night someone over at nogrip also gave me the tip to use Guitarmaen AIW editor. I tried it last night. Your tip is 100 % working. I have my wetline now and it was easy, thank you.

Concerning the rfactor aiw editor, I must say, it sounds promissing. I think about it.

Taking a great amount of time for the aiw into account is a very good hint. I should keep that in mind, when things get annoying.

Thanks for your help and regards

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back