How to make AI use your own car setups

Marco Versele

Hhmmm, yes ...
When driving a race weekend in GSC, I was always a bit disappointed to see the AI's top speed was limited.
It made me go for a search to change the AI behaviour, and I found a post in RaceDepartment http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/how-to-change-ai-setups.9002
That didn't change anything and did not work for me. I could not make it function.
After some further searching I found what I needed (http://fatbob56.com/forum/mcomod/viewtopic.php?t=145), but the solution is somewhat spread over several posts.
So, to make life easier for the interested, here's a description of how you can make the AI use your own setups: don't be overwhelmed by the procedure: it seems complicated at first site, but it really is all very logic.

WARNING! ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES! You won't be able to go online withe modified track.gdb or vehicle.veh files!

Make a decent car setup you want the AI to use for, let's say, a Porsche 997 RSR GTE, that I want to use in Le Mans 2014. I named it 997RSR_LM24.svm.

Look for the relevant track.gdb file in the folder \GameData\Locations\track or, in my case: \GameData\Locations\SR_LeMans\SR_LeMans.gdb, and open it with notepad. At the end of the file you'll find some lines like:
SettingsFolder = SR24h_2014
SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = 24h2014.svm
SettingsAI = 24h_2014.svm

We're interested in the line how you should name the AI setup (SettingsAI = ***.svm), which in my case would be: SettinsAI = 24h_2014.svm

ATTENTION! This is the moment to check a crucial step for the AI setup to work: the structure of the AI setup needs to be the same as the structure of SettingsFolder in the lines at the end of the track.gdb file.
(SettingsFolder = SR24h_2014 in my case). So in the track.gdb file I had to change the line SettingsAI = 24h_2014.svm to SettingsAI = SR24h_2014.svm.
If the structure of the AI setup doesn't match with the SettingsFolder, your adjustments won't work!

Look for the car setup you made by going to \GameData\UserData\YOURNAME\Settings\track directory, and copy your car setup.
Rename the copy to the SettingsAI name you found (or changed) in the track.gdb file. In my case: I changed 997RSR_LM24.svm to SR24h_2014.svm.
Now copy your renamed car setup file to the directory of your vehicle: \GameData\Vehicles\vehiclemodname\YOURVEHICLETYPE\,
or in my case: I copied SR24h_2014.svm to \GameData\Vehicles\EnduranceSeries\GTE\Porsche_997RSR\ directory.

Start GSC, go to the garage and select The AI setup, or in my case I selected SR24h_2014.svm. Then click on the assign button.
Now all the cars where you copied a AISettings.svm in their respective vehicles folder will use your setup!

You can repeat this procedure for any other type of car in exactly the same manner, so that all different types of car use all their own setup made by you.

Warning! : the new AI behaviour can be altered by the new setup, so you might adjust the AI strength at your level.

Enjoy

Last edited:
bet that is the pace car that cant find the learning file...

Yes, that makes sense, pacecar can't find a setup either.

Have to say having the ini file doesnt improve the AI racing (much). At Phillip Island there's still some excessive sliding which causes some crashes as well.

Mmm back to improving the AI-setup ?

When driving a race weekend in GSC, I was always a bit disappointed to see the AI's top speed was limited.
It made me go for a search to change the AI behaviour, and I found a post in RaceDepartment http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/how-to-change-ai-setups.9002
That didn't change anything and did not work for me. I could not make it function.
After some further searching I found what I needed (http://fatbob56.com/forum/mcomod/viewtopic.php?t=145), but the solution is somewhat spread over several posts.
So, to make life easier for the interested, here's a description of how you can make the AI use your own setups: don't be overwhelmed by the procedure: it seems complicated at first site, but it really is all very logic.

WARNING! ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES! You won't be able to go online withe modified track.gdb or vehicle.veh files!

Make a decent car setup you want the AI to use for, let's say, a Porsche 997 RSR GTE, that I want to use in Le Mans 2014. I named it 997RSR_LM24.svm.

Look for the relevant track.gdb file in the folder \GameData\Locations\track or, in my case: \GameData\Locations\SR_LeMans\SR_LeMans.gdb, and open it with notepad. At the end of the file you'll find some lines like:
SettingsFolder = SR24h_2014
SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = 24h2014.svm
SettingsAI = 24h_2014.svm

We're interested in the line how you should name the AI setup (SettingsAI = ***.svm), which in my case would be: SettinsAI = 24h_2014.svm

ATTENTION! This is the moment to check a crucial step for the AI setup to work: the structure of the AI setup needs to be the same as the structure of SettingsFolder in the lines at the end of the track.gdb file.
(SettingsFolder = SR24h_2014 in my case). So in the track.gdb file I had to change the line SettingsAI = 24h_2014.svm to SettingsAI = SR24h_2014.svm.
If the structure of the AI setup doesn't match with the SettingsFolder, your adjustments won't work!

Look for the car setup you made by going to \GameData\UserData\YOURNAME\Settings\track directory, and copy your car setup.
Rename the copy to the SettingsAI name you found (or changed) in the track.gdb file. In my case: I changed 997RSR_LM24.svm to SR24h_2014.svm.
Now copy your renamed car setup file to the directory of your vehicle: \GameData\Vehicles\vehiclemodname\YOURVEHICLETYPE\,
or in my case: I copied SR24h_2014.svm to \GameData\Vehicles\EnduranceSeries\GTE\Porsche_997RSR\ directory.

Start GSC, go to the garage and select The AI setup, or in my case I selected SR24h_2014.svm. Then click on the assign button.
Now all the cars where you copied a AISettings.svm in their respective vehicles folder will use your setup!

You can repeat this procedure for any other type of car in exactly the same manner, so that all different types of car use all their own setup made by you.

Warning! : the new AI behaviour can be altered by the new setup, so you might adjust the AI strength at your level.

Enjoy
Will this procedure work with Automobilista?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back