How to make a render Guide?

Hi all is there any one out there that has a guide or can make one. There are lots of awesome render scens being made out there but no one will tell how to make them. What i would like is some one to tell us how to get the car from the game i am doing a skin for so i can make a scene in 3dsmax 8 please it really would be a big help

Also how to step back scene for max9 10 11 so i can use them on 8

Thanks Wayne.

First of all anyone who can help you will need to know what game you are trying to get the models from. Second, if you look at the downloads section of this site, there might be some scenes already done that would help you, but if they are newer versions, then you might have to have someone open them in the newer version and save them back to be compatible with the older version. Most of the guys doing renders are using brazil or vray in max, and I am not sure that those are available for your version of max.

If all else fails about getting a compatible scene, you can always try 3d Studio's site to see if anyone there can help you find a converter.

the games are rFactor and gtl for now

I have Brazil for mine works fine with all the scens i have but a lot of mods i get I can get templates but i would love to render my work

Any help would be awesome

theres one in the forum somewhere

its title "3ds max and you", cant remember who made it but the thread is huuge. If someoone finds it let me know ill drop it in here :)

I have read that before it did not work for me.

But the other thing i wont to know is how to make the scene not just the render ie how do i get the car out of the game and in to max then how i turn that into a scene. there most be loads of people out there that know but just dont pass on what they know

I have read that before it did not work for me.

But the other thing i wont to know is how to make the scene not just the render ie how do i get the car out of the game and in to max then how i turn that into a scene. there most be loads of people out there that know but just dont pass on what they know
I've been researching on this myself in the past and I found some info of how the process is supposed to work: most models are compressed into an archive so you need a tool that allows you to edit these files; i know that for the GTR/RACE/GTL simbin uses the .gmt file format (but other games use different ones). There is a program called 3DsimED that allows you to import certain fileformats; the program converts the data to 3D geometry that you can then export for use in 3DSMax. There is however a big but with this program...some formats like .gmt don't import directly into it because of the way the file is made up. So we need either a converter or an extractor. Which exists but don't ask me where. You could start searching in the NoGrip forums...there is a lot of info shared on the matter there: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/index.php

As for sharing info on scenes...I myself use 3DSMax with Vray for my renders like the one below but I can't share these because there are so many variables that you need to consider. If I wanted to explain every single one I'd be talking for hours. Also with Vray it is very difficult to export these scenes because you need to export all the maps and render settings with it. And before you ask, the scenes I use are the same as the scens that were mentioned earlier, I just adapted them for my use.

BMWE90%20Syn2%20Rev%20Front.jpg

Unfortunately that's where it gets a bit shady for me...the difficulty lies in exporting the texture and normal maps from the original model into 3DSMax...but the basics in 3DSMax are always the same. A scene is always compiled of the following things: the model, a light source and a camera. In 3DSMax the camera and lightsource are allready there. So it should be just as easy as exporting the model from the game using 3DSimED (with a bit of experimenting on the correct texture/normal map settings), than save it into a format that 3DSMax can understand (.3ds). Then load the model into 3DSMax, create a groundplane where the model sits on and start experimenting with light settings. The above mentioned tutorial uses lightboxes to light the scene and to compute reflections on the car. There is also an option however (which I use with vray) to do it without lightboxes and use an environment map (usually HDRi maps) that simulate the lighting condition of that map and use radiosity to render it. I may be diving into the material too deep here but feel free to keep asking and maybe we'll whip up a nice guide along the way...

Yeah tanks bud thats already a help. I am reformated my pc at the min lol ready for the RDLMS this weekend When all the updates and all the other crap is out of the way i will try what you have put so fare and see where i get with it and post back my findings :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%