• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a good start?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Douglas Aird, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    I'm getting back into Simracing with GSC and about to get Automobilista. I was never good at starts but I now have a g27, first setup with a clutch pedal, I expected to be able to get off the line ok. However, I'm either getting bogged down and stuggling to get the revs up or wheelspinning. Either way I'm giving up a lot of places at the start.

I expect a lot of practice starts and some adjustments to the clutch sensitivity will help but I'd welcome some advice.

2. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium

Ratings:
    +351
    Practise, practise & practise.
    Try to keep high enough rev so the car won't drown, and then regulate the wheelspin with the clutch.

3. Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks, I am finding a slight movement of the clutch drops the revs too much so I think a sensitivity adjustment is in order, too.

4. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,173
    In most cars i just engage into first when the lights go green. Works better than being all sensitive with the clutch and throttle.