1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC How to make a car skin? Any help?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Barry Mitchell, May 3, 2014.

1. Hi all you good people of Assetto Corsa Land. I need a tool to make a skin for a car. Can any one point me in the right direction. BTW I am a website designer by day so I do have photoshop etc.. and I do know how to use them very well. I used to play Trackmania allot and skin allot fo cars for that so is it similar ?

Any help though would be fabeedoo

• Like Like x 1
  2. I wonder whats so "Hot" about by making a car skin ?? :D

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Yes a basic guide would be very helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got it now Dennis. Thought it would be like that - its like Trachmania. Any way, are skins automatically shared when people play against me/us in multiplayer? If not, why not and if not again, then why make a skin at all if only I will see it?

5. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

No Barry, it is not automatic.

If you have a skin, the others have the same skin and maybe the server too, the others will see it and same in the other direction: you'll see the skins of the other drivers if you also have them in your game.

Else said, mostly difficult on public servers.
    Easy for league servers ( except very big ones ) the sharing is done inside their forums.
    That's how it works for most sims.

Speaking of personal skins of course, future mods with painted skins is of course different as everybody will have them as they will be included in the mod itself.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. We need a program inside the game like Forza4 does. If Turn10 can do it, Kunos can! :) The only problem i see with this is that you have to make every logo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Or ask the guys from tradingpaints.com to adapt their stuff to work for AC as it does for iRacing.

9. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

And this stuff should be costless ??? ... else, without me.
    And anyway, as I don't drive on public servers, no importance at all. We have other systems to share skins.

• Agree Agree x 1