1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install add-on tracks?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Georgios Davakos, Oct 28, 2008.

1. I dont know how to activate a track when I have download ot same goes for car's :wave: can you help me plz :dance:

2. You can start by reading the readme included in most addon tracks or cars. Usually the downloaded files go to \Steam\SteamApps\<username>\race 07\Gamedata. But to be 100% you should read the readme first and if it still doesnt work post again and we will try to help.

3. I cant found it <.< :frusty:

4. What exactly didn't you find, the readme or the folders that I mentioned? The readme should be on most addon and if not there should be an instruction somewhere on the download page itself. If not just place the addon files in the folder that I mentioned and most of the time it should work just fine.

5. You make a Gamedata folder in your game,and a Locations folder
    in game data folder and place them there.:)

6. It's like what Totte said.... (sometimes there are files that go into UIData folder too)

copy the Gamedata & UIData in following directory...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\####\race 07\Gamedata\Locations
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\####\race 07\UIData\Menu

Good Luck !!!!

7. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover

Copy the GAMEDATA and UIDATA to:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\race 07
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\race 07

When you´re ask if you want to overwrite, just accept:wave:

Cheers

8. finely Hungrys track works but not SPA and can track's/cars that are made for Race 07 work on GTR Evo

9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

RACE 07 is the mothergame in which all tracks will work. GTR Evo is the expansion so it will also work in that game :)
    Did you copy both the UIDATA and Gamedata folder into the right map I.B.94? See what Paulo wrote: http://forum.racedepartment.com/169100-post7.html

10. mate, there's no standardised way of packing and distributing tracks... so you need to apply a l'il common sense when extracting them to the game... since each builder/converter does their own thing...

as mentioned, the root directory for race 07 (and all expansions) is:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<YOUR STEAM NAME>\race 07

so, if you have a gamedata and uidata folder in the pack, then you can see they need to go there...

however, sometimes it's been packed at the locations level, so all you'll see is a folder with the track name or location, that would need to be extracted here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<YOUR STEAM NAME>\race 07\Gamedata\Locations

and, of course, it could be any other variant... you just need to take 2 mins to make sure you're putting in the right place.... :thumb:

11. I have a new question if I download a track and it is a program file and not a map where do I put it or how do I make it work?

12. Bram

Bram

Point the installer to the RACE 07 folder :thumbup:

13. Thanks! Finally, got it to work!

14. Just a little comment.
    That question was asked for about 1 year and a few months so that means I have gotten my answer for a very long time.

15. Bram

Bram

I know, but someone else was asking the same questions almost every day so decided to bump it with a fitting answer :thumbup: