1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install add-on tracks?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by bluey, Aug 20, 2015.

1. hi i am new to gsce when you down load a track where do you installl to i guess steam/steamapps then not sure HELP

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stock Car Extreme\GameData\Locations

• Beer Beer x 2
  3. thanks paul after location do you go to tracks or just unzip in locations

4. @bluey, that depends on how the zip file was created, as it can be zipped with the folder path included (usually it is). Best is to open the zip file and check the structure. Personally, I open the zip file and click until I see the track name, and drag it to my locations folder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. THANKS JOEL i am a complete beginner with computors and do not know how to do what you say [but give me a v8 in parts no manual required to put back together] so i have winrar i know how to unzip to the track itself in my download folder then go to locactions and install there.. i hope i have explained to you ok maybe not as i am dummey when it comes to pc ps i will to find that folder path

6. Right click on the Zip file and "Extract here"
    1 - If the folder that appear is called GameData copy it to Steam\SteamApps\common\Stock Car Extreme\
    It will ask if you want to merge folders, click Yes.
    Or:
    2 - If when you extract the folder that appear is the track name then you have to copy to Steam\SteamApps\common\Stock Car Extreme\GameData\Locations

Most times you'll have the folder called GameData so it's easier.

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. thanks will i will try and do what you say .....hope i do not mess this up .... as this will be the first time for me to do this

8. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

You can't really mess up too much, if it all goes wrong you can even just delete the whole locations folder and the use steam verification to re acquire the correct files.

9. ok thanks for that

10. No problem. I understand it can be alien if you're not used to it. Try those suggested and let us know.

• Like Like x 1
  11. will do ..... i am away from home at the moment will try in the next 3 days thank you so much for your help

12. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

13. thanks paul

14. hi paul... joel ...will ....lazarou....success easy when you know how a big thanks for ALL YOUR HELP... what a great community here at gsce

• Winner Winner x 1