How to get the best visual quality?

Im running 2 x GTX 670's in SLI and am trying to get the best possible visual quality.

It seems that no matter how high I set the AA or AF there are still lots of jaggies..

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

I find using Sparse Grid Sampling introduces stutter and causes a 30 fps + hit on my GTX680 2GB.

Running with nVidia Inspector at vanilla settings and AC at 16x/8x sampling, the visuals are tad more jagging but the framerate is butter smooth in 120fps +.

Lou, SGSSAA is very performance intensive. I wouldn't attempt that on a GTX 680 unless you're using a resolution lower than 1920x1080, at least if you like your eye candy turned on.

Like rfactor i'am getting sick of the fast movements, some corners quickly after another...how can i reduce that? and a bumpy circuit makes me :sick: too

i'm using a beamer (large screen)

Well first of all, a beamer is not the best way to play video games due to a 3 - 4 time higher latency then a gaming monitor (and that is if you have a good one). That will already give you some added motion sickness and you will be slower in responses.

What you can try to reduce the motion sickness is this:
https://sites.google.com/site/midid...otion-plugin/realheadmotion-for-assetto-corsa
It will give you a much better feeling, trust me!

You can just delete the profile altogether if you can't remember what you changed, but I guess the other way would be to make a note when you change something. I don't do this as I rely on my memory, but it doesn't always work. Remember you can't really break anything with it, just change one thing at a time, and if it doesn't work then just change it back and start again. A bit like setting up a car. The temptation is to change everything at once to some recommended setup, but so much about graphics quality is subjective and also dependant on your hardware configuration that it is worth taking the time to do it slowly and properly. The compromise that you make to get your ideal settings will almost always different for different people, even if they have the same hardware, take advice, change one thing at a time, and keep what works for you and discard the the rest.

Last edited:
- Visual quality depends alot on what display you use, its settings and the distance you are from him.
That being said no one can advise you about the best visual settings.

for example: if you use sparse grid in a large screen it will decrease the overall amount of light making the environment less real.

Just keep in mind not to set more than 2 faces per frame and use max of low smoke generation all the rest comes down to your taste...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years