PC2 How to get super fast setups for Project Cars 2 with just a few clicks

Dennis

RedShift Racing
Project Cars 2 has a pretty cool feature that seems to be not very known: You can download the car setups of almost all drivers in time trial - even from the record holders :) Follow this guide if you want to get up to speed quickly and don't have the time or knowledge to build something on your own!

1. Go to time trial and add the ghost of someone
tt1.PNG

2. Make sure the "tuning setup" icon is displayed:

tt2.PNG

3. After the game has loaded, just click on the little blue icon next to the ghost's name
tt3.PNG

4. Adjust fuel, increase both radiator and brake duct opening (> 50%), reduce boost pressure (turbo cars only)
Otherwise you will run out of fuel or blow up your engine if the race lasts longer than one lap ;)

I hope this helps some of you!

Last edited:
This is very good stuff, I notice this for myself with a lot of those, especially underestimating the speed I can carry through a corner, I notice aliens brake REALLY late as well I am not good at breaking heavy and late under perilous conditions such as track elevation changes and off camber dips, or even having to break while cornering, adjusting the bias forward helps but increases my braking distances in other turns where I don't need the extra front bias.

I know this may sound counter-intuitive to many but...

Don't be afraid of aero. While many of the guys who drive against me will lower their aero to get fast straight line speed I will increase my aero. This allows me to corner quicker, brake later and save tires.

In conjunction with the aero I realized that if one is driving a mid or rear-engined car one must account for the weight over or near the rear wheels by stiffening up the rear. I will go with a set up that is heavier in the rear than the front and even soften the front more. This allows the front wheels to bite when turning and does not allow for the rear aero to overcome the downforce at the front at top speed. This also prevents the rear weight from shifting too much when turning or transitioning.

When we are all qualifying the others will dump tanks, close vents, etc...while I qualify on race level fuel and vent settings. I usually qualify 1-2 seconds of the fastest but keep up fairly well in the race.

Yes, there are those who are going to be faster than me no matter what but I am able to separate from those who get their speed solely from a quali or low aero set-up and then have to adjust to the speed of the full set up with race aero that saves tires.

An excellent post Dennis.
As far as I go I could have the worlds best set up and I'd still be a couple of seconds a lap slower!
Some people are just better racers than others and I'm quite happy knowing I'm always gonna be middle of the grid at best.
It's all about the fun and banter for me :D

True dat, I have compared my telemetry with aliens and I can see why I lose time, but I cannot do what they do with the pedals and wheel...yet. maybe some day... Also, my equipment is not.as good as many top racers...yet. I need a pedal upgrade

hi everybody, thanks for advice, i am trying to drive Honda on my logitech driving force, i saw the adds on tv about competituon and tried it for myself. i was driving fastest i could with few crashes and misses at start
i did not saved the vudeo but i was goung 7 gear flat all the way almost.

sorry for miswriting ill try again tommorow probably, it was late and i just learned the track all the way, know ill try the setup and see how its going.

its old profile and old pictures, always funny.

try to get them and join the race.

it looks soo good when you turn on the real wether with snow and dust you cant see the track almost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Project Cars 2 has a pretty cool feature that seems to be not very known: You can download the car setups of almost all drivers in time trial - even from the record holders :) Follow this guide if you want to get up to speed quickly and don't have the time or knowledge to build something on your own!

1. Go to time trial and add the ghost of someone
View attachment 216801

2. Make sure the "tuning setup" icon is displayed:

View attachment 216802

3. After the game has loaded, just click on the little blue icon next to the ghost's name
View attachment 216803

4. Adjust fuel, increase radiator opening (> 50%) and reduce boost pressure (turbo cars only)
Otherwise you will run out of fuel or blow up your engine if the race lasts longer than one lap ;)

I hope this helps some of you!

Thank you Sir =)

Still, I'm not an alien but when I take a setup of the fastest guy on Daytona with an TS040 and use it with the same car, driving the same line (no difficult corners here), I would expect the same 44sec laptime. I lap at only 46/47 sec.
Don't know where that difference is coming from but it's too much. In fact once we hit the back straight, he's accelerating away from me big time.
Can't explain it but it is very frustrating.

Still, I'm not an alien but when I take a setup of the fastest guy on Daytona with an TS040 and use it with the same car, driving the same line (no difficult corners here), I would expect the same 44sec laptime. I lap at only 46/47 sec.
Don't know where that difference is coming from but it's too much. In fact once we hit the back straight, he's accelerating away from me big time.
Can't explain it but it is very frustrating.

You could be losing time just in powering out of the turn onto the back straight. Carrying a lot of speed through that turn, or getting on the go pedal faster, will make huge differences. Perhaps you are entering the corner too fast and you are scrubbing too much speed entering.

The same can be said of the bus-stop chicane: Too fast of an entry or too late on the power will cost seconds.

Try approaching the corner with less speed, (break earlier but trail brake). This will allow you to rotate quicker and get on the power faster. It may help if you aim for a certain part of the track as it helps you straighten the car out faster. When entering the back straight from the infield I aim straight for the wall about 1/4 way through the banking and then, obviously, adjust as I am able to get more power down.

Even if a setup isn't the be-all-and-end-all of a fast lap (though I am sure they are), this was invaluable for letting me watch a fast lap and pick up suggestions.

I'm just starting the career mode and the Formula Rookie cars have been a mystery to me.

1 fast lap from the ghost and I can see a clear driving style. I just knocked 10 seconds off my lap.

Thanks, Dennis.

• Deleted member 963434

them setups like 5 second faster i agree but not work on proper servers when mechanical damage is on, they blockin all air into cooling engine, yo make just 1-3 laps wit em setups and engine gone lol
what i do is changin tyres to soft slick, reducin pressure as car drives easier then, makin bigger downforce depend on car/track, but i too reducin airflow to coolin engine but not as tey from 75 to 0 but from 75 to 50 as i know we run like 10-20 laps max and i know then engine will make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I found with the Formula A's is that the user setups make the cars so much more fun to drive than the default setup. This may be the case with several cars. If its a car you want to drive a lot but the handling is disappointing, try one of the top setups and it might bring the car to life.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back