1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get my skin ingame?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Lars Brugman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Hi,

How do I need to save my skin and where should I put it?

2. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

That would be one for Dave...
  3. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

These settings work for me:

Save as DDS

DXT5 with interpolated alpha

Where to put it is the big question. You can either save it over an existing skin which is less work and lets you use it online without mismatches.

Create a Folder in "GSC2012/GameData/Vehicles/Vehicle type

Name the Folder the Team Name

Save the DDS in there.

Then you need to make a .VEH file. (use notepad)
    Its important that the Skin name and the .VEH file name are the same. I usually just copy an exisiting veh file and edit it, then save it as my own skin name.

Description="StockCar V8: DriverName and Number"

Category="Stock Car V8, Peugeot"

Hope this helps
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I cant seem to get any custom skins to show up in game ( the skins were down loaded
    any advise would be great
  5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium Member

When downloaded ,drag and drop or Copy and paste into vehicles / and the folder of what car skins you downloaded ,example F_Classic.
    What cars do you see in folder ?
  6. thanks for your reply
    I down loaded this vehicle
    I placed the vehicle in the main file
    the file clearly shows up in the stockb8 dir , but nothing shows up in the games show room
  7. The skin you are trying Paul is for GSC 2010
  8. ah right thanks do you know where the templates are for 2012
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Move along, nothing to see here!
  10. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Where do I put the skin pack files for the minis?
  11. How do i get rid of the numbers on the windows. Tried editing and re-editing and nothing seems to work.
  12. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Did you remove the numbers in the Alpha layer of the windows, as well as the normal layers?

The alpha layer determines the transparancy of the windows, so you need to remove it there as well (make it the same colour as the windows)
  13. I erased the numbers from those layers and I even tried deleting the layers, and still no luck :/ I'll try making it the same colour
  14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

How are you using your skin? Did you make a .veh file, or did you overwrite a current skin file?
  15. I made a .veh
  16. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Try the following:
    Create a sub folder in the Mini folder (..\gamedata\vehicles\Mini Challenge\foldername)
    Put all the files you have there. Make sure you have the names right. I made a screenshot of a working skin for you, including the .veh file, and all file names. Make sure you use the same format (so the name of your .veh file + Body, Windshield, Windows etc.)

Test it again, and let me know if it works. If it doesnt, please make the same screenshot as I did, and post it here ok :)

17. Thank you:)I fixed the problem thanks to your screenshot, i realised that i had named the windshield etc. just "windshield" instead of the name and then the word windshield. LOL Rookie error. Thank you for helping Marco Bijl.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Good to hear! Have fun with the new skin!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Right... new problem now. When i try and race with my custom skins together in the same race, I can only see the one i'm using, the others just have black and white stripes.