F1 2010 How to get contracts from top team?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone I am new to this forum.:)
I am playing 5 years career, won the WDC at the first season with Toro Rosso, currently in 2nd season with the same team...
Just want to know how can I get contracts from top teams like Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren?
And which is the fastest car in the game?

Hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks:)

Its hard to be offered a contract with a top team early on in a 5/7year career. You will need to win the WDC and constructors camp a couple of times, also try to score points in every round, beat your team mate on become the no1 drive for your team. You can also try not to except a contract offer until your last race of the session, teams sometime offer contracts last minute.

I don't really find that there is much between the Red Bull, Ferrari or McLaren, I think the Red Bull is faster in the corners, McLaren is a little faster on the straights and Ferrari somewhere in-between.

when they ask you who your rival is (i think its somewhere in mid season) u will get 3 choices pick the one who drives for the team u wanne move to beat him in points and the end of the season and that team will offer u a contract

example u are 6th in champ table 5points behind Button, 8 in front of Kubica and 11 in front of rosberg and u say that kubica is your rival and u finish above him at the end of the season, than renault will offer u a contract :]

short note on the rival seat if you do beat your rival and its for a higher team dont be too dissapointed if at the end of the season said team dont offer you a contract at the end of your season with them even if you finish first because i have heard that a few people have not got renewed contract after doing really well with their team because your rep might not be high enough to stay with the team

Yes that is your reputation. Although it seems to go up very slowly and in somewhat random amounts. I just won Monza from pole in a Torro Rosso and it moved like 5 pixels. The race before that I Q'ed 5th and finished 7th and it went up loads, like a quarter of the box..........I don't get it?????

Just had a thought, maybe its related to your 'expected' position as calculated by the team. For me at Torro Rosso, sometimes its 12th sometimes it 18th. So if you win when you were expected to finish 12th, that gets less points than if you come 5th when you were expected to finish 18th?

I also forget to say that your driving level effects contract offers, the top teams are level 30 and higher.

Well I signed for Red Bull At level 22 before I had finished the season I signed for them after Sazuka so I would say the top teams are level 20 because I had refused there 1st offers so I could take $12,500,000 for next seasons having to finish 12th as an objective.

Well I signed for Red Bull At level 22 before I had finished the season I signed for them after Sazuka so I would say the top teams are level 20 because I had refused there 1st offers so I could take $12,500,000 for next seasons having to finish 12th as an objective.
im 27 and i have no contracts from RBR or McClaren or Ferrari the only way i got into Ferrari was by beating Alonso so i find that hard to believe not saying your lying just hard to believe

Here is a screenshot of my level and team for those who find it hard to believe. I am not tring to prove how good i am all i am tring to do is say it is possible to sign for a top team at level 22 may be 20 as they had offered me a contract before but it was for $9,000,000 and renulat was offering $11,000,000 at level 22 I signed for Red Bull for $12,500,000 and that was after Sazuka wich was also the end of the season as I had won the season by then the last races was just a formality but I was trying for the constructors as well wich I never won came 3rd with MClaren and Red Bull Finishing above me

F1_2010_game2010-10-2619-17-23-24.jpg

This image is from Season 2 as you can see in the back ground Red Bull and bottom left is my level

How are you racing for Red Bull at level 24? At level 26 I was able to be offered Force India at best offering me £16 mill pa, now half way through season 3 with poles in 8 out of 10 races Im being offered at best Ferrari but need level 36, as our friend mentioned earlier even with wins and aids off in high difficulties its so slow to level up now, going to be ages before I get to level 36 at this rate. So far Ill only be able to go to Renault which requires level 19 according to my screen this year.

On another note, Force India offered me £16 mill this year but now they wish to renew my contract fo rnext year but are only offering £15 mill, whats up with the tight wads, winning most of the races for them this year and theyre offering me less, way to keep me on...NOT!

I cant say why I am Driving for Red Bull I declined all offers one by one as the season moved on better and better teams offered me a contract and after I had decline them the first time at level 22 I took there offer of $12,500,000 after the sazuka race but I did not say I was intrested in moving in the interviews I said something like "I am just thinking of the season ahead" I never said I was looking to move may be that has something to do with it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back