F1 2011 How to get adjusted to wheel and pedals.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello guys, I managed to get a set of steering wheel and pedals today. It was around 17$. I've been driving with a keyboard for almost 10 years now, i really found it tough when i drove with the wheels for the first time. So, any suggestions for getting used to it?

The sensitivities and deadzones are still a mistery to me (I know what they should mean, but when you try them the behavior is quite inconsistent between games), but a couple of things I can tell:

- The steering deadzone should be as close to 0 as you can, only different from 0 if your wheel vibrates when you let it go in a straight (and before changing the deadzone, have a look at force feedback).

- If your pedals will take it, try the squash ball trick or the half tennis ball trick (putting those under the brake pedal). It is unbelievable how much feeling you get from the pedal and how little you will lock up. By the way, on my wheel (logitech formula force) you dont need to disassemble anything at all, just chuck a squash ball under the pedal and good to go, not even tape! Hard foam also does the trick.

- Connected to that, secure your pedals (put some box against the wall) because with the ball trick you are going to be pressing much harder on the brake and they can slide away from you. Also, computer chairs with wheels are a pain combined with this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%