How to fix this

Self induced wheel spinning + overall well known imprecise floaty FFB feeling ..
It doesn`t matter what FFB settings I try, I even try to set it accordingly to my perfect Race07 FFB via config files, tried all recomended settings for my wheel (DFGT) and other wheels. Some are better, some worst, non good. My profiler is set correctly, no issues in other games ..
In video I left my hand of the wheel after I shift to 4th gear.

I have all cars and tracks I want, trying to play this game for ages, hoping FFB will be "fixed" ... before automatic steering degree of rotation was introduced it wasn`t an issue if I`m remembering correctly.
Apologies for anoying DFGT sound ..
Thanx if you got any tips.

Last edited:
There is no proper fix. You can find some suggestions elsewhere on the forum but they don't work properly. The FFB is inherently broken and needs addressing properly by Sector 3, and they know this. You're not the only one with this issue, but as yet no word on a fix. For me, S3 have been very disappointing.

But will they? I bought DTM 2013 pre-order, giving my full support and that was disappointing. So it's been 2 years and still no fix. Sure, they release new tracks because that gets them money, but the fundamentals are still broken. I have lost my patience now, which is a shame because it sort of feels like those people who put the money in right back near the start are being forgotten about while they pump out new tracks.

I tried to duplicate this on my T500 and I couldn't. I even bumped up my FFB settings rather high and I still couldn't get it to do that. I'm guessing you already tried reversing the FFB effects? That would definitely make the wheel feel really wonky and unstable.

I tried to duplicate this on my T500 and I couldn't. I even bumped up my FFB settings rather high and I still couldn't get it to do that. I'm guessing you already tried reversing the FFB effects? That would definitely make the wheel feel really wonky and unstable.
yep .. I`m positive that my wheel settings are fine .. it is the game ... steering is fine, I can feel the grip, weightransfer, etc. just the way I should .. it is just that floaty feeling around centre and this self spinnig wheel issue .. it`s been like this since that big update they made (before it was just fine) ..
And I`m not even using high FFB settings ..

Last edited:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/steering-like-a-boat-fixed-for-g27.111360/unread

This worked for the BMW M1 PRO CUP for me. I haven't had the chance to try other cars yet. Will report back once I've tried them out. After I tried the above fix, the only setting I've change was FFB strength (I think thats what its called) in-game settings down to %79.

I've tried two other guys settings and they were both pretty good but some "swaying" still remained. But this fix so far works perfect for my G27. I need to try this with other cars to confirm. But the BMW M1 is a beast and this fix worked just great! I just hope others followed the instructions for the fix carefully and properly

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/steering-like-a-boat-fixed-for-g27.111360/unread

This worked for the BMW M1 PRO CUP for me. I haven't had the chance to try other cars yet. Will report back once I've tried them out. After I tried the above fix, the only setting I've change was FFB strength (I think thats what its called) in-game settings down to %79.

I've tried two other guys settings and they were both pretty good but some "swaying" still remained. But this fix so far works perfect for my G27. I need to try this with other cars to confirm. But the BMW M1 is a beast and this fix worked just great! I just hope others followed the instructions for the fix carefully and properly
accually it could help .. getting rid of damper and friction .. but shouldn`t as somebody mentioned be the same as doing it in menu? and I was setting damper a friction in config to zero without any help .. I guess I`ll try it when I`ll have few minutes .. thank you

Actually, Gregor said that just setting the shift/brake/engine type of effects to zero accomplishes the same thing as editing the text file. Setting all the friction/damper type effects to zero helps as well.

The beta testers are saying that the upcoming physics/FFB improvements coming soon (to select cars) have eliminated the swaying boat feeling. They have been making very positive noises about the changes, let's hope what they say is true. R3E has shortcomings (like all of the current sims) but the boat-like feeling is the only one that really bothers me and it bothers me a lot.

i wont say who but i had a personal chat with a beta tester and he assured me that this well known and recognisable issue was indeed admitted and fixed. That was ages ago i thought the new physics would be out by now.

i wont say who but i had a personal chat with a beta tester and he assured me that this well known and recognisable issue was indeed admitted and fixed. That was ages ago i thought the new physics would be out by now.
Hmm good to hear that, now the question is, will this fix be tied to physics update and therefore applied only to selected few /new cars (and hopefully to all others later) or will it be fix for all...cause i have lots of cars i haven't driven yet and I'm eager to :)

yep but I just bought ADAC 14 .. they will release ADAC 15 I think ... "forcing"me to abandon something I didn`t even play an buy new one to be able to finaly play, right? :)
Most racing clubs put up 2013 and 2014 on ADAC, WTCC and DTM for races so no reason to think that would change, just add a year when the new content (please let it be soon) is released. Here on RD the DTM1992 was paired with the Touring Classics pack so although the physics may not be updated all at once it looks like the FFB will be. They are not "forcing" you to buy and you will still get great fun with the 2014 pack. After all we were desperate for the new content when Race07 brought out new years for their series' but it didn't stop people going back and racing the older stuff.
I view it as evolving DLC.
Just to keep to the thread, I've used the fix and it worked fine for me with my G25.

Hmm good to hear that, now the question is, will this fix be tied to physics update and therefore applied only to selected few /new cars (and hopefully to all others later) or will it be fix for all...cause i have lots of cars i haven't driven yet and I'm eager to :)

The beta tester who made the comments about the improvement (I forget who, someone on the S3S forum in one of the discussions) suggested the improvements may get to the other cars quicker than normal. He specifically said that some of the free cars will be receiving the update and that the silhouette car (Canard?) has seen a massive improvement and is actually great fun to drive now. He even suggested it may become one of the more popular cars online. That's good news because IMO the free content needs to get updated asap so when people try the free stuff they actually enjoy it and want to play/buy moar.

They've also said that the introduction of the Bentley will delay ADAC release a bit, but that they were not going to wait to push these ffb/physics updates out as soon as they're ready. So the ADAC delay shouldn't delay the improvements to GTR2 and some other classes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%