1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to download tracks

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by RACEYAMAHA415, Sep 16, 2010.

1. hello, i like GTL, but suck with computers and have no idea how to download other tracks...
    Help please?
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

3. thanks
  4. still just totally lost...
    i try to unzip it, but it tells me that i cant open the file up...
  5. Get yourself a program like 7 zip, winrar or winzip

most files on RD are in a compressed format (zipped)

any of the above will uncompress the file and then you can move/copy it to the necessary location.

Tracks go into the GTL/gamedata/locations folder
  6. is there a tutorial for this anywhere?
    its says, can not open file, it does not appear to be a valid archive, if you downloaded this file, try downloading file again...
    ive tried that, but no luck...
  7. What file are you trying to download? i.e what track and from where?
  8. umm
    really any track, and from the link you posted earlier
  9. Ok, I will describe the steps for 'Mont Tremblant 09'.

1. Download the file.
    2. Open the downloaded .Rar file with Winrar/rarfile/... If you can't open the file you need to download one of these programs
    3. Inside you will see a folder 'MontTremblant09'
    4. Extract this folder to your GTL -Locations root folder (under XP default here: "C:/Program Files/GTL/GameData/Locations")
    5. Start GTL and enjoy the new track!

I hope this is clear enough. If you're still having problems, please specify where it goes wrong.
  10. im not seeing a .Rar file, or Winrar/rarfile/
  11. Then you probably have file extensions turned off.

1. Just double click on the downloaded file (you need to have 7zip or WinRar installed)
    2. Open the folder where you installed GT Legends
    3. Open the Game Data folder
    4. Open the Locations folder
    5. Drag and drop the MontTremblant09 folder from the archive into the Locations folder.
  12. i downloaded 7zip, but it automatically goes to winzip...
  13. im really confused, im trying to drag the track into the tracks folder, but theres on GTL tracks folder...???...!!!
  14. Like I said:

15. [​IMG]

this is what i got...
    i think im getting there?
  16. That's an email attachment in Gmail, I presume? Nobody but you can see that image. You need to upload it here, or on some image hosting site like http://imageshack.us/ , and then post a link to it.

Here's a video, can't do much more than that :D

17. wait!!!
    i got one track on there, but when its loading, the game shuts down, and wont let me play it
  18. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Why are you dragging to the GTL logo? In your picture, that's the game DVD.

I hope you didn't ever click "Yes" on the "Write to disc" message, as you might have tried to burn the track onto the game DVD - although hopefully your pc will be smart enough to not try that.

Using your picture as a guide, if you want to go the manual dragging route, you need to open your "Local Disk (C: )" drive window, and then navigate to where your GTL is installed on there.

Then follow Senad's advice as to where you need to drag to.
  19. i dragged it into the locations folder, but it wont let me play it. I see the track, click quick race, then it loads for about 2 seconds, then shuts down...