1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How to disable cockpit shaking?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Bram, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Is there a setting to stop the camera from shaking in cockpitview?

2. I'm afraid not. Customisation options like that are one of the main things missing from GT5. For example, I want to turn off all the timers, the lap counter and driver list whilst keeping the instrument display, but I can't... the only options are timers without instruments, or nothing at all. Seat adjustment would be nice too (among other things), as the view from some cars is pretty awkward.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Oh thanks. Thats too bad then as I really get sick of it :) In other games I can cope with some vibration by in GT5 it feels really strange on the eyes.

No problem though, views enough left :)

4. Yeah, I know what you mean. The shaking is much too jolty and severe. It needs to be much smoother, perhaps more like Race 07. It doesn't really bother me too much as my PS3 is connected to my 22" PC monitor, but I can imagine the affect is greatly amplified on large TVs.

5. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

FOV would be a nice option to have. The zoom just makes things worse. And i also find you sit kind of high in some cars.

6. It's not exactly an FoV option, but you can adjust the cockpit view slightly. In the pause menu under options, you can set the interior view angle to 'standard' (the most 'zoomed out'), 'narrow', or 'narrower'. Not exactly fine adjustment, but it might help you a bit.