1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How to create road textures & import them using xpacker

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ReaperNZ, Apr 2, 2010.

1. How do i create road textures & import them using xpacker

I am trying to create new road textures (fat white lines) & import using btb xpacker but cant find any info please help.

2. i dont really know but 1st you need to convert your texture in to .DDS and thats for sure. just google convert .jpg to .dds and you will find a tool to do it :smile:

3. It's Pretty simple - all you need to do is have the texture saved as a .dds file (there are plugins for GIMP and PhotoShop which will let you do it) and then, in xpacker, you just upload it under the "Textures" tab.

4. sorry Ferrarimam96 i did what u said & it still doesnt show up in btb.

5. I think in XPacker you should go to the 'Materials' tab and click on 'Add from Textures' bottom left to add a texture. This makes the .xml files you need for it to show up in BTB.

6. chub_pearson thankyou u so much,i have been trying to find out how to do this for bout 2 weeks , & i can finally do it now
    WOW :)

7. You're very welcome :)

8. dam now that section of track is like quicksand , any tips greatly accepted.

9. The only thing I can suggest is to set the rFactor Material Name to roada under the Materials tab in XPacker