How to change tire labels

led00m

Sim racer, kart racer and an academic
Hi all,

Is there an easy way to change the labels on the tires for any car? Wanting to add the Good Year brands to the ARC tires for my league!

Did you manage this? You need a MAS extractor utility.

Firstly...BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILE! :thumbsup:

When you open up the correct MAS file (ARC_CAMARO_MAPS.MAS), you'll see three tyre DDS files in the list.

ARC_CAM_TYRES_000.dds
ARC_CAM_TYRES_001.dds
ARC_CAM_TYRES_002.dds

Extract those three files onto the desktop.

Now this is where it gets a bit tricky....

Each DDS file is the tyre at various speeds of rotation. So "000" is static, "001" is starting to roll and "002" is at speed.

Using Photoshop (or maybe GIMP if it has a radial blur option) you need to use the static version ("000") and apply your Goodyear logo using the bend tool in PS. Thankfully the tyre is already blank which is a great bonus.

Then duplicate the whole set of layers (including the background), apply radial and motion blurs to each one so you have various levels of movement.

Save each one back out as the three DDS files. Go back into you MAS extractor utility, delete the three original files and replace them with the three DDS files you've created.

It isn't a quick job I'm afraid, I did Yokohama on mine and it probably took about an hour or so, playing with the layout, making sure it looked right, etc. When lining up make sure the logo is about 35% from the outside edge to start with. I put mine in the middle and it was touching the wheel rim.

But I must stress you backup the file first. The MAS utility can go wrong and will damage the file. It did it to me three times and simply causes the game to crash when it tried loading the cars.

The other tip I can give is just concentrate on getting the static one lined up first, then move onto the motion blur.

You can just do the static one by itself if you like but as soon as the car moves the logos will disappear. Which can look a bit weird.

Your problem may have been solved for you....

In todays AMS update...
  • ARC Camaro: Rim LODs distance correction; Fixed tires UV mapping; Tire now is skinnable; Adjusted engine heating equations
I haven't had chance to look myself but if it stops you having to play with MAS files it has to be a bonus! :)

@led00m if you update the ARC skin pack to the latest uploaded today there is now a GFX folder in the camaro folder... the three tires work and are applied to all cars from that folder... be sure to delete all the loose file as stated in the support thread and the readme otherwise you will have issues

the GFX folder is Reiza implemented way of doing it.

PS: the real series run Kumho tires FYI ;)

Done :) quite an easy operation!

xtqnMXM

Attachments

• 17966185_10158464973375024_7915921449146145125_o.jpg
    17966185_10158464973375024_7915921449146145125_o.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 392
Hey, something I've been trying for a while now in AMS is to add tire labels to the Opala 1986 as they had it back in the days in real life.
The problem is there is only a Tyre.dds in the maps.mas file but no tyre001.dds and no tyre002.dds so it looks very weird as soon as the tires begin to spin without the blured textures. I tried to insert my own made 001 and 002 with radial blur but unfortunately, this has brought no difference.
@Andrew Harper @Rob Fitness
Maybe you guys have some advice or hints for me?

Hey, something I've been trying for a while now in AMS is to add tire labels to the Opala 1986 as they had it back in the days in real life.
The problem is there is only a Tyre.dds in the maps.mas file but no tyre001.dds and no tyre002.dds so it looks very weird as soon as the tires begin to spin without the blured textures. I tried to insert my own made 001 and 002 with radial blur but unfortunately, this has brought no difference.
@Andrew Harper @Rob Fitness
Maybe you guys have some advice or hints for me?

Hello, I'll have a look later on tonight if I get chance :thumbsup:

Yes that is a little odd, there is usually a MAS file which contains the various stages of tyre "movement", unless Reiza felt that with a blank tyrewall it was not necessary.

Do you know guys if there's a way to add Michelin for Formula V10 ?
Because I think I've understood how to change the Bridgestone to make it become Michelin but is there a way to keep the Bridgestones and add the Michelin for some cars only ?
I was thinking of duplicating the .MAS file and separate those to 2 different folders.
What do you think ?

Hello! I hope you all fine and healthy! I've been working in some F1 mods, but I'm struggling with the visual changes of tires compound. I've already done the dust/grass/wear and the movement at the label but I couldn't make change the tires in game. I have seem Stig F1 2021 mod so I'll be very thankfully if anyone can help me in this issue! I have tried to put the differents textures in some order, like, Soft Compound 00, 01, 02; Medium 03, 04, 05; Hard 06,07,08 and determined this at every single GMT Tyre file, putting it at the animation Event, but still not working on game (only one compound works perfectly, but the rest of it the game just ignores).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back