How to become a commentator?

Dan Marr

Dan Marr - danfilm007 on Steam
Pritty much what the title suggests, do it on my own at home and would like to see any advice you would give me, aswell as helping me out being able to do it!

Hi guys! If you see my thread please reply, any advice would be helpful, and if anyone wants to build up a commentator then im here!

Best advice is watch over the many broadcasts and highlights material already here, then talk to guys like Keith Barrick/Ryan Callan/Toby Davis/Danny Asbury, some of those guys have been doing this for a while now constantly developing their shows and features along the way and with the ever growing schedule and future series i'm sure they might need another voice in the comms booth from time to time?...

Deal me in chaps! If somebodycan show me where to log in to watch the races and how to control the cameras, I'm your man to join in.
Dont know what you mean :p and have you seen my vid? I will make a new one soon due to the fact i have a new microphone

My latest comms: Live coverage for the rest of the BTCC season apart from Silverstone:
Race 1 Part 1 from snetterton:
Race 1 Part 2 from snetterton:
Race 2 from snetterton:
Race 3 From snetterton:

Ok as i thought.

What i was going to say was that you haven´t passed through puberty yet.
Things might have happened "down there" and stuff but i can hear your voice haven´t reached the final stage.

Like for me. As you know, when you go through puberty your voice changes from light to dark.

That is what you are missing right now. But the good thing is that you as a commentator and as a voice can only go upwards from here.

I can hear that you fully understand the commentator language and that you have an eye (or ear) for commentating.

As the years go by your voice will "establish itself" and become an icon of itself.
Just keep commentating and you´ll be wherever you want to be in the future.

BBC Formula 1? Sure. I think you can do it.
and i´m not saying that to be nice, i don´t even know you and i gain nothing by saying this but you have a talent for commentating there´s no question about it.

Keep your head down and just run with it and i´m sure great things will happen in your life,
But you have to push for it or else it will never happen. You set your goals, not us.

That is what you are missing right now. But the good thing is that you as a commentator and as a voice can only go upwards from here.

I can hear that you fully understand the commentator language and that you have an eye (or ear) for commentating.

As the years go by your voice will "establish itself" and become an icon of itself.
Just keep commentating and you´ll be wherever you want to be in the future.

BBC Formula 1? Sure. I think you can do it.

F1? Why do that when we have the exellent racing in GP2, Le mans ect! Atleast we dont get any idiots crashing into kerbs in a demo run!

But seriousally, what is good, and what is bad/needs inprovement. I am doing the rest of the season apart from silverstone, so it might improve gradually, and i also have a friend helping me, hes doing a trackside secondary role!

F1? Why do that when we have the exellent racing in GP2, Le mans ect! Atleast we dont get any idiots crashing into kerbs in a demo run!

But seriousally, what is good, and what is bad/needs inprovement. I am doing the rest of the season apart from silverstone, so it might improve gradually, and i also have a friend helping me, hes doing a trackside secondary role!
It was an example relax :)
And please don´t let me remind you about last years Le Mans ;)
Audis spent more time in the air then on the ground :)

Yea just keep doing what you are doing, I´m sure some day we hear you on TV.

It was an example relax :)
And please don´t let me remind you about last years Le Mans ;)
Audis spent more time in the air then on the ground :)

Yea just keep doing what you are doing, I´m sure some day we hear you on TV.

LOL

But yea, i attually want to be a motorsport tech, but if im good as this now i wont stop (and i have to do tech stuff, seeing as they dont offer commentary as a GCSE :p)

I got into commentary by talking my way in, No qualifications necessary! But I see what you mean. Maybe you can come and be a number 2 to me at stock cars sometime to give you some trackside experience. Wouldn't be paid I'm afraid but it'd be good for you to do it for real.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%