F1 2010 How to adjust the FOV

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
*Make a copy of all original files*

First - Download Binary xml converter from here: Binary xml converter.zip
Binaryconverter.jpg

Second - Copy Binary xml files into the cars folder you want to edit. I'm going to use fe0, which is Ferrari.
Second.jpg

Third - Open Command Prompt (by typing cmd from Start menu then search) and have it read to the path of the cars folder that cameras is located in. In this case that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

At Command Prompt. Copy the file path and then in command prompt right-click and press paste. Don't forget to put (cd) before the path.

C:\Users\Chad(This will be your computer name)>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

Third.jpg

(Then press enter)

It should look like this:

Third-1.jpg

Fourth - Now to convert to a readable file.

Copy this: binXML.exe --textxml=cameras.txt.xml cameras.xml

Right click at the cmd screen and select paste.

Fourth.jpg

Press Enter and you should see a cameras.txt file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

Cameras.jpg

Leave cmd open, you will need it later.

Right click cameras.txt and open in Notepad or Word.

To edit the cockpit view press F3 for search.

In search box type head-cam and press enter.

It will be the first line. It should read:

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false" spectator="false" renderParticlesBeforeGrass="false" transitionType="switch" transitionSpeed="0.0000" transitionStrength="0.0000">

Now move down two line and you will see: <Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="25.0000" />

Bolded number will be different for you. I have already edited mine. To change your FOV just edit the bolded line. I like 25.0000 better.

When done, File > Save.

Fifth - Convert back to Binary.

Go into cmd again so it reads: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

Like it did before.

Copy and paste this to cmd

binXML.exe --binxml=cameras.xml cameras.txt.xml

Press enter and you are done.

Here is what 30.0000 looks like.

F1_2010_game2010-09-2317-29-20-99.jpg

Here is gameplay with 25.0000.

Here was default FOV, big difference.

Ok, if anyone is interested. I found out you can put the FOV you want in any car. Some of the cars will look different, so for example, if you like 30 in the Ferrari and then get in the Williams and 30 is too close, just put 35 or 40 in the Williams folder.

I did FOV's 20 through 70. You will have to delete the FOV numbers when you put them in the cars folder. It will have to read "cameras" only.

Attachments

• FOV.rar
    54.4 KB · Views: 501
I have been playing around with the FOV. I think the only cars that need adjusting are Mclaren (45), Redbull (45), Ferrari (40), and possibly the HRT. I think all of the rest are
still at normal settings for single screen.

make that :

binXML.exe --textxml=cameras.txt cameras.xml

without the .xml

;)

btw , for me personly, i thought the camera was to low in the cockpit , i felt like a midget in there , so i lifted the cam a bit , to be found a few lines lower , position y = ... iu belief i edited 0,666 to 0,7 or something , now i have 35 fov and 0,7 cam hight , i thonk its fine like that, thats in the virgin btw ...

Hi there,

Anyone managed to modify the bonnet view ? (or maybe it's bumper view, the one with no part of the car visible, only track)

I want to raise it a little, and play a bit with FOV too (I'm also using triplescreen).

I have tryied by modifying bonnet view (FOV) but it didn't change anything (will try again with bumper). Also those 2 views (bonnet and bumper) don't have position settings like head-cam. There is only an offset setting with x-y-z coordinates.

If anyone has modified this view with success please share experience :)

If you adjust your FOV low for triplescreen (like 30 to 40 or so) I find the head shaking gets out of hand.

Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, but the following lines affect head shake:

To reduce head shake (at speed) alter:
<Parameter name="windSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0500" />.
I altered mine to 0.0310 but anything from 0.025 to 0.0370 is probably acceptable.

To reduce head shake (over bumps) alter:
<Parameter name="bump_interval " type="scalar" value="0.4000" />
and
<Parameter name="bump_nonbumplevel" type="scalar" value="0.4000" />
I altered mine to 0.2500 but anything from 0.2000 to 0.3000 is pretty good.

These values are in the "head-cam" section. The examples given are for Williams team, not sure if they're the same values for other teams, but the general principle should apply.

Wind buffeting needs to be set to true of course.

thanks for the post this really helped me in creating custom camera mods for the cars to be used in my machinima based on f1 2010. Please post the ideas for making a freecam in the game because i have not been able to figure that out. I tried really hard but no solution so please reply .......

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back