How to adjust rebound in relation to bump?

I recall coming across a video saying, that rebound, particularly slow rebound, should have the same or higher setting than that of the bump settings.

The current car I'm adjusting is the Corvette C6 GT2, on the Virginia International Raceway. I'm confident the car will be just as drivable on the Nordschleife with the same suspension setup.

I'm satisfied with slow bump settings. I've yet to come across a written guide detailing how to adjust rebound in relation to bumps.

I think of rebound as supplying the "liveliness" of the car. If one end of the car just washes out, then turn up the rebound on that end. Likewise, if one end of the car is reacting faster than you can keep up with, then turn down the rebound on that end.

Definitely get your slow shock settings adjusted on a smooth surface (because they control the car's response to steering & braking & accelerating) before adjusting fast shock settings on a bumpier surface.

I recall coming across a video saying, that rebound, particularly slow rebound, should have the same or higher setting than that of the bump settings.

Eh... that assumes a bunch of things that are mod dependent. Motion ratio, weight distribution, wheelbase, driver preferences, etc. all come into play. Most people tune with rebound bias, some people tune with compression bias (http://www.kaztechnologies.com/wp-c...rs-Chapter-from-FSAE-Book-by-Jim-Kasprzak.pdf).

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies