How To Add Skins and Helmets To rFactor 2

i have added my helmet and suit

just name them

"alt" for car
"altDRIVER" for suit
"altHELMET" for helmet

you can change the alt part to your name or something else
problem is it will show them as seperate cars in viewer

Thank you Chris for this. However, we have tried this and we got no results for rFactor 2 online. For us the livery, driver suits and helmet work perfectly when we use the virtual driver on rFactor 2. Unfortunately when we used them on the ISI designed cars the livery only comes up, not the helmet or driver suit. We will continue to look into this problem; it seems people on the ISI forum are facing a similar problem.

GhostSpeed Racing

Take note that the HDR is kinda messed up with the latest build. There is an easy way to fix the shininess/reflections temporally and that is to adjust the 4th alpha channel. The one that comes default with the template has the opacity set on 60% , but that causes heaps off reflections well actually the update did or well not here was already a lot but now even worse.

I have one question: does this shininess only happen in showroom or also ingame? Because I only associate it with the showroom. If I change the default showroom from Customize->Showroom to "garage", I get rid of this problem and the car looks same as in earlier builds.

The only thing that looks strange for me ingame is the helmet, it's too reflective for all cars. The latest build changed some glass properties, I think the helmet issue is related to that.

Concerning rFactor 2 online. Earlier it was discovered that 'virtual driver' would not appear in rFactor 2 online. Although you can add the livery to the ISI designed cars you can not add the helmets to the cars in rFactor 2 online. We have attempted to get this working on many occasions but it simply wouldn't work for us. It is yet to be discovered whether you can add the driver suits to the ISI designed cars for rFactor 2 online but we will find out shortly. We will continue to try and fix this issue so teams can start trying their completed cars online.

GhostSpeed Racing

The driver suit is not part of the customizable team skins in Formula ISI mod. Every driver gets the same white default suit which is packed as part of the shared materials for each team. I think I would have to rework some things in the mod to get suits working, can't promise anything.

Regarding helmets, they will work fine in the mod itself. Every team will submit their skins to me before season and it will be made into one carmod, as the virtual teams approach has these issues.

The helmets are very frustrating concerning the shininess. It is both in game and in the showroom with both helmet and skin. We have added a stronger alpha to reduce the shininess. However, like you said when you change the showroom the car looks like it did in earlier builds. Of course it would be a nice addition to have the driver suit however if it didn't happen it wouldn't be a huge loss.

GhostSpeed Racing

The driver suit is not part of the customizable team skins in Formula ISI mod. Every driver gets the same white default suit which is packed as part of the shared materials for each team. I think I would have to rework some things in the mod to get suits working, can't promise anything.

Suits are part of the customizable team skins, the word "driver" needs to go behind the skin name for the suit dds file. e.g, Altskindriver.

I have created and successfully loaded my own skin. It looked fine in solo and online.

For some reason the skin(s) look fine in the garage, once on track, solo or online, they are all messed up, even in replays.

This happened to me in rFactor (1) as well, it's as if they got corrupted. I have tweaked the skins, I could understand something happening on the server side, I don't understand why this would impact my solo testing.

Any clues? Cheers.

Attachments

• rFactor2 Skin.png
    rFactor2 Skin.png
    560.3 KB · Views: 684
  • Garage.png
    Garage.png
    653.3 KB · Views: 564
Can someone help me to recreate Vettel helmet for F1 2014 mod?

I could do Ricciardos for you;)

Really and serious, someone to make Vettel 2015 helmet for rF2 ? It's simple and easy. I have done it in rF1 but rF2 is different. Uploading and editing files it's a mistery to me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%