1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to add cars and tracks to rFactor.

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by G-Kraft, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello.

Im new to rfactor...and cant find anywhere how to get your downloaded tracks/cars to work on rFactor..

2. hey,for a track,it's like evo:
    for a mod,if it's not an .exe,just unzip it in your rF folder,it's very easy :)
  3. hmm..i wonder how to install the F1-09 mod? its on 4 parts...and how to install "effect" mods? like smoke/fire and so on..

4. I belive the smoke and fire mods go here
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\GameData\Locations

Also with the 4 parts you need to highlight them all and then go extract. Once you have done that , then you can put them into R Factor
  5. Still unsure of how to put the F1-09 cars in the game...where should i put them?

And where to put skins?.

6. habitually for a mod to unzip you just have a "gamedata" folder to unzip in your rF folder,btw if this mod is in 4 parts and you have a part for the cars,they should go there:
    x:/rFactor/gamedata/vehicles ,same for the teams skins.
  7. I have installed the F1-09 cars..they worked fine untill a exit and after some hours entered the game again..the cars dont work no more, i get a error message "MAS file" something..i have tried to uninstall and install it back..they dont work

Anyone who had the same problem? they worked FINE! until i ended the game...

I had some problems with the car-class selection as well(efter installed the mod)....if i try to change class the game shuts down without any error message...realy strange..

Can anyone help me?

8. I get this message when trying to select the F1 cars:
    gMotor2 Error
    Mas file 2009\PNEUS_2009.MAS
    What can i do?.
    Then i also have the issue that the game shuts down when i try select a car class..
  9. ???? i can't help you anymore....i've never seen this message,but maybe it come from the mod himself,or a bad installation,i'm gonna try to find this mod and see what happen ..
  10. hmm...the cars work fine now..the problem was when i tried to change car-class to "all cars" and so on...then the F1´s stoped working and game shuts down(sometimes).

To me rFactor seems like a real mess right now(when choosing between the mods).

How can i get rid of the annoying intro and music that follows with the F1-09 mod? why cant it work with the original intro/music?..yeah i need a manual..

So i need some help to clean up this mess...because i dont know when my mods will work or not.

BTW...how does the cheat work? i cant drive an unlocked car...so how to unlock them?.
  11. type in the chat window ISI_BABYFACTORY

rFactor can be a pain in the ass, when i 1st got it i had to reinstall a couple of times. then threw asking peoples advice i rarely have problems.

1. always read the modders notes when included
    2. extract the folders from the rars manually, dont just point it to the rFactor folder
    3. after installing a mod run the game,buy a car select test session and apply the cheat. never install more than 1 mod before starting the game.
    4. remember rFactor was released open source to enable all this mods and not all modders are as talented as Madcowie :wink2:
    5. some mods have there own intro screen, if you dont like them hit return when they pop up :)
  12. Thanks Nigel! I was looking around for info on installing car mods and tripped across this thread. Great info!:good:
  13. Sry,reacting on a post that was aswerd allready :)
  14. your welcome :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.