How the hell do you people drive with a controller?!!

Lol..Wow.. So my g27 is out of commision because of what i think is a power supply issue and im stuck trying to use my 360 controller. Man controller driving is terrible. I dont know how i did it in my forza/gran turismo days. Its like overly sensitive and its almost impossible to correct a slide.. Anyone have any suggestions for settings? Default settings are pretty much undriveable for me.

Im kind of getting the hang of the controller. Its actually not too bad. Kind of fun actually. But theres no replacement for a wheel. heres 2 vids with me "trying" lol..

Hello Gregory,
while you are using the controller try to limit the wheel angle to 180° (or enable the hands, it has the same effect), personally I find all that movement distracting. ;)

Hello Gregory,
while you are using the controller try to limit the wheel angle to 180° (or enable the hands, it has the same effect), personally I find all that movement distracting. ;)
yah its very distracting actually. I didnt think I could fix that. thanks man. Ill try it out. I should be getting my power adapter for my wheel today so I might not be using the controller much, but its good to know that i can use it if I just feel like sitting on the couch and relaxing

The culprit.SMH

Attachments

• 20140918_192456.jpg
    20140918_192456.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 228
I take back anything bad i said about controllers in sim racing. Although its still not as good as a wheel, Im pleasantly surprised that its still pretty fun to play. And plus its keeping racing alive for me while my wheel is out of commission. Here's a quick race using the 360 wireless controller. The movement is still jerky but I can definitely see someone one being competitive online with a lot of practice..

It got screwed up testing the Hill Climb track, I guess I was a little wild.
It was always off centre and acting strange, but never stopped completely.
o ok. Yah mine just stopped working mid race and never worked again. I thought it was the power supply so I ordered a new one. That didnt help so i took it apart and found that. Mine is cracked it 2 places. It pretty much fell out when i took off the back of the motor. I think if thats broken it wont calibrate so it wont send power to the wheel. ( atleast I hope lol )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back