How sim racing saved me today

I know this is going to sound weird. But I managed to avoid a huge accident and only touched the car that ran the red light on the back corner instead of T-Boning him.

Here's a pic of my damage. I'm very certain that the little sim racing experience I have has helped me avoid a large scale accident this morning. So a huge thanks to everyone here at RD who have raced with me and assisted with some tips on throttle and brake control.

8x95k2.jpg

You know I had a similar experience not too long ago, I had a car on my right in a merging lane that had already started to merge over when some asshole in a beamer thinks the 8 inches left are more than enough to squeeze through, when I tell you I hit the brakes and saw my sim cockpit in my head I **** you not lol it literally felt like someone tried to squeeze around the outside around 130R. I literally saw myself inside a narrow cockpit when I slammed those brakes.

Good to hear your ok and the car only came out with minor damage, sounds like it could've been a lot worse!l

I had similar experience, with same car, just not a van but a normal Corsa and in my case the damage i think was a bit worse, but for a miracle i did not broke the light. Also, it was the right side.

I cannot tell how much the simulations or racing on them has helped me, but i can tell that if any of my friends was driving instead of me that that night in that moment, it would have been a direct hit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back