1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How sim racing saved me today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tiens Van Zyl, Jul 25, 2013.

1. I know this is going to sound weird. But I managed to avoid a huge accident and only touched the car that ran the red light on the back corner instead of T-Boning him.

Here's a pic of my damage. I'm very certain that the little sim racing experience I have has helped me avoid a large scale accident this morning. So a huge thanks to everyone here at RD who have raced with me and assisted with some tips on throttle and brake control.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. You know I had a similar experience not too long ago, I had a car on my right in a merging lane that had already started to merge over when some asshole in a beamer thinks the 8 inches left are more than enough to squeeze through, when I tell you I hit the brakes and saw my sim cockpit in my head I **** you not lol it literally felt like someone tried to squeeze around the outside around 130R. I literally saw myself inside a narrow cockpit when I slammed those brakes.

Good to hear your ok and the car only came out with minor damage, sounds like it could've been a lot worse!l

3. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

I had similar experience, with same car, just not a van but a normal Corsa and in my case the damage i think was a bit worse, but for a miracle i did not broke the light. Also, it was the right side.

I cannot tell how much the simulations or racing on them has helped me, but i can tell that if any of my friends was driving instead of me that that night in that moment, it would have been a direct hit.