How much worse is the car handling/physics?

Msportdan

@Simberia
**CAR** not AR...

was watching motorstv last nite, and some iracing action at montreal in a touring car series. Looked really fun and i am tempted to start a trial 3 months. I have the usual sims (gsc, rf2 AC, rre, pcars).

So how does the physics stack up to say the best of the above.?

cheers.

0sr: you touched sth. / sb. but it did not cause any damage/disruption. this will only invalidate a quali lap, naught else happens
1sr: off track or minor touch causing you or the other chap to lose a bit of momentum
2sr: spinning / losing control
4sr: hitting or being hit so that either chaps race is severely impeded.

the system makes little to no difference between the guy causing the trouble and the chap at the receiving end, so you quickly learn to take care of three races: yours and the chap in front and rear. being at the top helps. a quali lap is invalidated the moment a 0sr or higher is recorded. all events in the season proper have an inc. limit (usually 17sr), the moment you pass that you are taken off the track and DQed. looks weird as the chap just in front of you goes a little wide and - poof - is gone.
And also inherited incident penalties, i.e you touch another car for 0x, but if he goes off/crashes within a couple of seconds (don't know exactly) you inherit the other car's incident points also, i.e you would get a 4x to.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%