How much worse is the car handling/physics?

Msportdan

@Simberia
**CAR** not AR...

was watching motorstv last nite, and some iracing action at montreal in a touring car series. Looked really fun and i am tempted to start a trial 3 months. I have the usual sims (gsc, rf2 AC, rre, pcars).

So how does the physics stack up to say the best of the above.?

cheers.

Quitting out will affect your iRating which will make it tougher to advance your license.
sorry, nope, it will affect your iRating but that will have no effect on your advancement from rookie to a-level. my iRating is mediocre (1,500) and i have been an a-level player for ages, it is only the safety rating that counts there. i tried to advance quickly to have more choices carwise, knowing full well i'd never get a good iRating due to lack of talent anyway.

i did two races at laguna last nite, started pole won them both. I enjoyed it, but not sure i can justify the monthly costs and the amount of tracks and cars i would want.

It a bit boring that i can only race the mx5 atm at series level.

That's one thing I would have loved if I could afford iRacing - the frequency of races. One week break is a long time there - we just came back from a 7 week break in FSR. Granted, it's only 1 league, but still

Before the hiatus as a noob I was eligible for about 4 races every half hour with free content, more with purchases but I'm trying to be a little stingy there until I decide if it's something I can see myself doing more of. I've found the half hourly frustrating because my schedule is erratic I can only race when I have the free time, but at least it gives me practice time before the event.

What's FSR?

ah your being funny, cheers for the boost pal..

of course in the rookie series you need to take drastic measures to avoid idiots.. for ex at lagina on the last corner i had a guy going backwards and forwards i had to get on the sand to avoid the nob.

so bit of a pathetic system if thats the case.?!

Last edited:
I've not been playing a lot, but raced yesterday and It felt better than before in my opinion. The grip seens different, a better aproach in my opinion.
I'll ask for those who want to compare times or practice together, PM me to add the username as friends on iRacing. Thanks.

You will find @ss&oles everywhere. With iRacing it's not different.
The rookie series can be a pain, I know. It used to be really nice in the early days of iRacing.

Anyway, you can race plenty of times to get out of there ASAP. So, not a big deal.

0sr: you touched sth. / sb. but it did not cause any damage/disruption. this will only invalidate a quali lap, naught else happens
1sr: off track or minor touch causing you or the other chap to lose a bit of momentum
2sr: spinning / losing control
4sr: hitting or being hit so that either chaps race is severely impeded.

the system makes little to no difference between the guy causing the trouble and the chap at the receiving end, so you quickly learn to take care of three races: yours and the chap in front and rear. being at the top helps. a quali lap is invalidated the moment a 0sr or higher is recorded. all events in the season proper have an inc. limit (usually 17sr), the moment you pass that you are taken off the track and DQed. looks weird as the chap just in front of you goes a little wide and - poof - is gone.

I like what they did with the spotter. It really helps a lot.
Best thing that can happen during a races:
Spotter: left side,... Still there, ... Hold your line,... Still there, ... Clear, Right side, ... Still there, ... Clear,...
Okay, your first! :geek:

But it doesn't happen often. :D

@Msportdan ,

My approche: Don't freak on your irating. Just ignore that! High split races are some times to serious and not that much fun or just boring.

Make sure you'll have the license to drive the car you like and have fun out there.

And if you participate 8 of 12 races of a non rookie series. You'll get Iracing credits for free. :) Not much, but Iracing cars and tracks are ridiculous expensive. :coffee:

BTW: Don't buy 1 car or track. Get some advice about "what after the rookies". And buy a car + the tracks you need for next seasson. You get discounts if you buy X tracks and cars.

1 thingy i'm really missing is a try before buy periode. :barefoot:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back