How much worse is the car handling/physics?

Msportdan

@Simberia
**CAR** not AR...

was watching motorstv last nite, and some iracing action at montreal in a touring car series. Looked really fun and i am tempted to start a trial 3 months. I have the usual sims (gsc, rf2 AC, rre, pcars).

So how does the physics stack up to say the best of the above.?

cheers.

Dan, I think you'll just keep messing about with the config until you have more than 100 fps on replays. ;) :)

I find Iracing to have good physics now but the races are damned hard to keep clean with numpties at the start of your licence building. The graphics are superb in Iracing in my opinion.

I just returned to iRacing for 3 months (BTW, I saw you on Watkins race yesterday Jyri, but before I realised why my car didn´t pass test, the race was over :D) and I am suprised with the game progress. Except this week races are really strange without any multiclass touring race, I will maybe even stay there for a longer period than usual 3 months and then some months off :unsure:

I enjoyed my 3 months a while ago, did alright won a few races etc. Handling & Physics are fine and GFX okay too. Just be prepared to splash the cash for cars and tracks.

There was never enough pull for me to get back into it.

Great to know Jyri, thanks. I am iRacing member from 2011 but somehow I can not find that little more to stay regular user. I hope, it will change in the future, because somehow I like it very much lately :)

... and grats for your win, of course :thumbsup:

edit:
BTW, site is off, maybe upgrade is coming right now :unsure: ...

iRacing is deploying the new build at the moment yes.

To OP: just try it out. There are some promo codes for a free 3 month trial (PR-BLANCPAIN2015), so I think there is no reason not to try it out.

When you start make sure your FFB settings and FOV is set correctly.

I´ve joined iRacing, you will not beleve, just because skippy formulas, but now I prefer all H shifter "slow" little cars. I don´t care much about open wheelers and GT cars, because all the other games are full of them, so if I will stay with iR, I will probably buy KIA and maybe Jetta, some more tracks and that is just all I want :).

I am always for some laps to make together, mate :D

I've been thinking about the KIA, but have to check what tracks it will require. At the moment I prefer Spec Racer Ford; it's slow enough for me, and I seem to do reasonably well with it. If there was a road series for Street Stock, I'd be all over it. I'll send you a friend request as soon as the service resumes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%