1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how much training time

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Eckhart von Glan, Apr 9, 2007.

1. one or two comments by our big boss, THE STIG, made me wonder about the amount of time you take to prepare for a tournament race. Please vote and comment in this thread how much you personally invest - on average.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

big boss lol :)

for monza i practiced 2 weeks i guess :) and the other ones the practicing time is less then one hour i guess (only online)

3. with the exception of the Puebla race where i could not practise too much (was waiting for the pedal fixation) i think i am easily above 250 laps with all the setuping and racing on the next tournament track....

I think it is not just useful to find the best setup, but also to know the track from inside-out, to be comfortable in the race in every situation, if you forced to leave the ideal line.

4. lazy eckhart

OK, I'll kick it off myself:

my preparation usually looks something like this:

I scrounge the net or pester fellow Chevy drivers for a setup, load it and do a few turns at "time attack" until i feel i know the track / car combo (8-15 laps),
    i check tire temps and my driving impressions to change one or two little items in setup, though my knowledge here is very limited, that's about the point i get tired of seeing only one car on track,
    another night i try to join an online race with the right combo to get a feel for the setup on a longer turn (8 laps or more if poss.),
    I do not count these as a real preparation, though, because the focus is on racing, not on setup or line details,

that's about it.

yeez, by the time i had finished this text, neo and stiggy had already answered, guys you're supposed to be faster on track, not on forum! [-X

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

ooh sorry eckhart, wont happen again :)

@Neo: 250 laps per race track :)

6. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

i do 0.5 of a lap before i get bored :)

7. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

I am way to busy now to practise. So i practise only a few minutes berfore the race, thats all. But when the baby is born and our hous is finished then i can practise more i hope.

8. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

I don't really think of hwo many laps I practise on a track, but I guess, with all the online races, qualifying and practise sessions I go through in the two weeks before the actual tournament day I suppose that I hang somewhere between 100 and 250 laps. I don't think I cross the 250 like Neo does, I spent far less time on my setup and prabably more time in improving my lines and steadyness.

9. I usually train until I got the hang of the track. It usually takes a couple of hours. My main goal is to try to drive atleast two hours a day until tournament, but in reality I can only practice on the weekends. So I'm a bit impressed that wakuwaku[RPM] only need a couple of minutes on a new track and still be so fast. :)
    After I learned the track and got the time down to my limit, I start to try different way to brake and accelerate thru a corner to se if I could skim off those darn two seconds that I'm always slower that the top. It's a curse damn it! ;)

10. put yourself into my shoes, and make it five seconds, you'll run out of swearwords pretty soon, but - hey - it's a game!

11. usually i don't practice that much..... :)
    my practices are more racing @ the track a couple of times with some or a lot of people online so i know what scenario's i can expect....and how i can adapt (my car or race)
    the only track i know till now that i practiced a lot is puebla......must have surely driven @250 laps.....

12. think between 30 - 100 laps

13. Hmmm. 30-50 in Timeattack :). About 5-10 laps at Brno so far, but i don't think that I'll reach 30 this time, because: a) Brno bores me and b) Timeattack bores me even more.

14. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

lol

15. c mon henY, join the RPM training session with TS etc., we are in a discussion on another topic for the date, most probably Friday, or somewhere at the weekend.

16. I think 30-50 laps

17. I guess 30-50 laps, mostly i just drive online races and try to choose a server with the next tournament track. I prefer to do races because if somone is faster i can push, and search other (faster) drivinglines. In a race situation jou can also simulate every possibible senario for the race in the tournament.

18. 28votes... common... peeps :)