1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many time you can stay in front of the screen?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by wertynga, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hi,
    I'm pretty new to racing sim and in the last few days I'm preparing to begin the endurance GT championship mod career in AC
    Yesterday evening I did 20 laps in Silverstone and close to the end of the race I felt really tired and I found really difficult to finish the race.
    Have you felt something similar?
    Have you suggestion for me?

2. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

Sim racing is tiring, no where near as tiring as real life racing but nonetheless it does wear you out after long periods of time. The only way to overcome that is the same as with anything, stay in good physical condition and practice.

It does depend greatly on your equipment (are you using a G25 or an AccuForce), obviously the more FFB forces you run, the more draining it will be.

Another factor is vision and the type of monitor you are using. Modern LED screens are very efficient and when watched closely don't do much damage to eyes, older monitor types however can put much more strain on your eyes. Also, if you need glasses or a an update in eye prescription your eyes may be straining as well. This will make you feel tired much more quickly.

Basically, if your eyes and monitor are of no concern, the only thing you can do to reduce it is to practice more and build muscle, or to drive less - and who wants to do that?:D