1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC How many slots online?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bram, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

This one is for the Kunos team. As we are preparing our GT league already behind the scenes it would be good to have some more information on the multiplayer side of AC.

For example how many cars/slots are available during an online race?

Any info much appreciated.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Number of pits is the limit (I guess ;))

3. Bram

Bram

Well as its 2013 there must be ways to by pass that. Team mates don't pit at the same time in real life either so share those pit slots :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

I heard (confirmed by Kunos) that the first version will have no pit stops...so there may be no pit slots to begin with?

5. There is no hardcoded limit for cars online, depends soley on which amount your server can handle. At least that was mentioned by kunos somewhere.

6. Yes, they told me that also at gamescom.

7. I think it's limited by the number of "grid slots" available on the specific track... Might be wrong but I think I've read it somewere....

Edit: See this post of Si3v

8. Well i hope we start in the pits :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. But then it's the limit of garage spots, not pit spots :)

10. yeah but as Bram said, there might be two cars in each garage.

Anyway, I think I heard the limit would be the server, not AC.

11. Bram

Bram

Well I don't worry about the server :) All good then... full house, thanks :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. When I say garage spots, it is, like in rFactor for example, not a garage per say but a single "parking spot". Two cars in a garage would mean two garage spots, 5 would mean 5, etc...

13. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Bit usually cars can't collide while in pits (this would be another interesting question when the moment comes) so why not having 3 cars in the same parking slot, this happened sometimes in Race 07 and was not bad.

14. Which is crap to be honest.

rFactor has collision in the pits, as it should have.

15. Needs some smart code to separate the cars if you are not maxing out the pitlane.
    Imagine pitting with an F1 car and another guy pits 1m ahead of you.
    not that great.

I´m all for collisions in pitlane but not fond of putting in reverse just to get out of my pit box.

16. Yeah, that is something modders adjust when they create their tracks, some just don't bother and you have silly pitbox placement :)