1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many monitors do you use to race?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jul 23, 2012.

1. 1 Monitor

63.2%
  2. 2 Monitors

2.1%
  3. 3 Monitors

17.5%
  4. 4 Monitors or more

1.4%
  5. TV

15.1%
  6. Projector

0.7%
  1. 24" led for me. But...these days I hardly do race(game). :x3::x3::x3:

2. Triples, the best investment i´ve made in gaming together with 120Hz.
    Next up!, I don´t even know what the short name is for it haha, 5 screens, Fivos maybe.. ;)

Want to sit IN the car while playing? Buy triples.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Currently I have one 23" LCD. But if I win the lottery, I'm getting triples, no doubt.

4. Bram Hengeveld

Premium Member
    Bram Hengeveld
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Completely forgot that option. Added it to the poll

5. Atm still on a single 24" inch,but seriously looking to upgrade to 3 screens.
    Hope to do so before the end of the year. :)

EDIT: if the sim games are up for it.......AC/GTR3

6. 40" TV, but triples are seemed to be better

7. Jari Vinnari

Premium Member
    Jari Vinnari

1 monitor for me but would really like to try 3 x monitor setup. Also 3D setup would be nice according to ISR.tv.

8. Brian Clancy

http://simracinghardware.com/

Same here and I must agree! :D

9. Just one 27" for me by now. I think I will skip the three ones, don't like the gap between them, and go for this::D

[​IMG]

10. What's the name of that NEC screen? Looks mighty interesting!

Edit; in second thought you don't get the 45 degree angle on that mon so it'll prob be even less immersive than using three with bezels.

11. Why stop there? 3 HD projectors = close to ultimate experience :)
    8 of them and you have a 360 view! :D

12. I've been reading up a bit on triple monitors and it seems Nvidia cards can't run games on three monitors unless I run SLi with two cards. Anybody able to confirm or deny this? Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this.

13. The latest generation i believe you can do this with. But not 5 series.
    I have to run two..

14. Do I need a powerful card to render the gfx or will it just work as a dummy output for the third mon with all the work being done by the first card? I've a gtx 570 that takes up half of my chassi (3 slots), can't fit (nor afford) a identical card on there without running into heat issues and I really don't want another ATi card!

15. Anthony Levene

Premium Member
    Anthony Levene

I'm pretty sure you can do that with softTH but there is much more of performance hit than if you run off 1 card or Crossfire/SLi.
    I'm using an ATI 6790 which works really well as long as at least one monitor has a displayport connection.

16. Yeah but ATi cards support 3 mons on one card, apparently Nvidia doesn't. :(

17. Anthony Levene

Premium Member
    Anthony Levene

I did use softTH before I got this card. With 2 screens coming off my old ATI 4xxx card and a 3rd monitor running off a cheap old card I picked up for £20.
    It took a while to set up but is quite flexible in the way you can use monitors of different sizes and resolutions.

18. Jari Vinnari

Premium Member
    Jari Vinnari

The new Nvidia GTX 670&680 cards do support 3 monitors with one card.
    Article comparing Ati & Nvidia with Tripple-Screen-> http://techreport.com/articles.x/23217/1

19. Von Butters

Premium Member
    Von Butters

Ive not long been a member of the triple screen crew, and im never going back to single screen racing, god willing.
    I have a Amd HD 7970 running 3 x22" BenQ G2222HDL screen, (Cheep but effective), and its amazing. I highly recommend it!

20. Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz

Running 3 x Alienware 21"5 Monitors right now one an ATi 5970.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1