How many laps?

Have you done at your favourite tracks? A few years ago, I was watching the World Superbike on tv and the commentator mentioned that Leon Haslam had probably riden 1500 - 2000 laps around Donington Park. So it got me thinking how many laps have you guys done do you reckon. How many laps does it take before you can say "I know this track" I can do a lot of laps maybe 20 or 30 then go on to another track then when I come back to the first track it's as though I've never driven it, why is that?

My favourite track is Monza and I've lost count of how many laps I've done there. I use it as my test track in every game that has it and I race there every chance I get.

With most decent cars it's about a two minute lap and I've regularly had one hour races there, as well as countless 20 minute sprints and extended test sessions. I do at least 20 laps a week there and have done so for about 5 years.

I make that over 5,000 laps :roflmao:

Other tracks I have had to learn for club races I find I usually have to spend around 5 hours on the track to feel like I know where I am as I approach each corner. Some are easier to learn than others. Macau (WTCC track) is a nightmare because I don't like it very much and have to make my brain pay attention when really it wants to park up and have a coffee:speechless:

So, for me (old and slow as I am) learning a track takes over 100 laps.:barefoot:

I would say 100 laps would be minimum for me as I'm slower than you lol but you say about 20 laps a week just at Monza which is important as doing it every week is the only way to keep on top of it. I'm definitely not doing enough laps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back