How many hours/day do you drive?

M

Mika Pyhäjärvi

• Mika Pyhäjärvi

Hi! I´m new to racing sims(owned GTRe for 2 weeks now) and Im wonderin how much I should practice. I have wife and daughter so I cant play so much than I want. I really want to go online but my lap times are far away from top times so I NEED practice!! Now Im driwing WTCC season at PRO and 90% difficulty. I´ve drove Curitiba and Zandvoort and easy win from both. I know real opponents gonna be much harder...

• Mark Vanoord

I try to practice every day 1 hour or more when i have permition of my wife :evil:

The trick to getting more time for practice time is telling your wife she can watch what ever she wants on tv.
It was funny last night, while racing online my girlfriend started watching me do some Qual for a online race. She was telling me " Don't look at the clock just keep your eyes on the track" I got second spot on the grid. The race started and she was cheering me on, yelling, screaming and saying how real the Sim looked online. After a few laps I managed to pass the car ahead of me and got into first place. The pressure was on then with her yelling in my ear "Faster,Faster" "He's right behind you" "Block him he's going to pass" that was it and off I went right into the kitty litter and wall. I don't know who was more upset, me or her? I told her I need more practice and she agreed. My trick worked:-}

The trick to getting more time for practice time is telling your wife she can watch what ever she wants on tv.
It was funny last night, while racing online my girlfriend started watching me do some Qual for a online race. She was telling me " Don't look at the clock just keep your eyes on the track" I got second spot on the grid. The race started and she was cheering me on, yelling, screaming and saying how real the Sim looked online. After a few laps I managed to pass the car ahead of me and got into first place. The pressure was on then with her yelling in my ear "Faster,Faster" "He's right behind you" "Block him he's going to pass" that was it and off I went right into the kitty litter and wall. I don't know who was more upset, me or her? I told her I need more practice and she agreed. My trick worked:-}

What's your girl friend's phone number?:becky:

My girl friend actually lives currently far away from me (an 8h flight), so I have much time, at least on the week ends. I guess 6h comes close to reality for me as well (though not catching up with the really fast ones, but I see stability coming into my driving)

I've got to try that :pound:

That is some story man , i only wish my wive would care aby more then she does , she doesn't care about racing at all.

So i envy you man , good stuff

Well married (15yrs soon to be 16) two kids, but I do get some time to myself. Most of it is usally taken up with skinning but I do get to see the track. More offen than not on Sundays and Tuesdays, Wife and kids know to leave me alone then.

• Peter Byun

Over the years, as I've gained more experience racing, setting up a car, and learning the tracks, I've spent less and less time to prepare for races. Usually do the 1/2 hour to 1 hour practice on the server before a race and that's about it. I figure real race car drivers can't do 20 hours a week practicing for a race (like some sim-racers I know) so I make the best of my prior experience and maximize the on-track time prior to the race.

So to answer the question posed by this thread, I usually do 3-4 races a week and spend about 6-8 hours driving (including the race itself.)

Well, i race about 4 to 7 hours a day.
But then again i have no other things to keep me occupied during the work week.
I sometimes go "overseas" to enter races being held in the USA, so thats in the middle of night where i live but hey got nothing else to do.
Only one downside, it sometimes kills the mood racing this much.
So now and then i don't race at all for 2 or 3 days, just to not get bored with racing.

• Kieran Mcgeachy

im about to watch my 2nd mini race that my dad n uncle n there mate are taking part in.cant wait to get my trial membership so i can join in the fun n give them a gud pasting :D. or i could just take the wheel from the old fella lol :evil:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back