F1 2011 How Is Your Career Progressing?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Post up how you're doing in your career thus far.

Force India - Four Wins, Three Poles, Only Missed the Podium Three Times

Melbourne - 4
Malaysia - 1
China - 1
Istanbul - 11
Spain- 2
Monaco - 1
Canada - 1
Valencia - 2
Silverstone - 4

Lead Mark Webber in the championship by 20 points.

PS3. PS3 control pad. Traction Control full, ABs on. Racing line for the corners and auto gears. AI cars were on 2nd highest setting for half the first season and then it too easy so since been at the highest setting. Full length races, fuel, tires sim on.

First season with Force India I finished 4th in the championship and so did Force India. Sutil sucked so bad he only scored 4 points and that was because by accident I took out 4 cars lol in Singapore. He got a 8th instead of 12th. Most of the time he was in 17th.

Season season I think the car is abit faster than last year but still 4 teams ahead of us. Ferrari pace has suffered alot they taken real life Mercedes 4th fastest spot. Mercedes I don't know how because they finished 5th in the championship but somehow they seem to be the fastest car at some circuits. Rosberg and Schumacher in the title race.

As for me I ve won the last 2 races just got into 1st place by a few points. Am upto Valancia about half way into the season. It strange though there was 2 tracks, China was one of them that I struggled to finish 11th the car seemed very slow I finished almost lapped. I not very good when it rains I struggle to keep to the racing line or the AI is just alot faster than me in the rain. Sutil is doing alot better than last season upto 14 points he still should be doing better I feel. He sorta is around the 12th fastest car and really should be at least 10th.

First Race of my 2nd season in Melbourne with Force India.

Managed to Finish 4th in quali 2 tenths off pole, which was easily obtainable, but it was late and I found it hard to put in any fast/consistent laps.

Started the race quite late, got around 11 laps in and got a rear puncture on the last but 1 corner, manually selected a prime to change to before I got to the pits and yes you guessed it, the pit crew puts on a badly worn set of primes! Start > Quit to main menu > Start race again today after work.

Any work around for this really annoying bug?

Just wrapped up season 2 with McLaren with 13 wins and the both championships. It was a fun season, and I really love the McLaren. Yet, I signed with Mercedes GP for season 3. The car feels more understeer prone but still a good car.

I've had alot of punctures, way too many. Twice I ve had 2 in the same race :o. Yeah this odd I've now won 3 races in a row, Canada, Valancia and Spain. Now at the UK my home GP I going as fast as possible and was 2.2 seconds off pole looking like I ll struggle to even get a point in this race. Is the Force India just poor at this track or the AI alot better at this circuit? I'm using setups from this website people are swearing by so I don't think its the setup although I did 3 laps in the race as a tester and got raped in straight line acceleration.

I found with Silverstone putting the ARBs for as much cornering grip as possible, moving front toe a bit to the left and moving front camber to the left was good, and also having a slightly odd gear ratio helped...sorry I can't be more specific as I can't get to my game at the moment. Vaguely remember it being a low first gear, shorter shift ratio through 2 and 3, longer through 4 and 5 and then short shift again from 6-7. That might be wrong but it was something a bit unusual anyway.

Finished first season with Force India
5th in Drivers Championship and 4th in Constructors Title
Lost to my rival (Button) by 6 points because I came 2nd in last race.so close
Starting Season 2 with Force India again :)

Thank You Chrishazel I ll try that next season I was maybe on for a 8th or 9th finish until they gave me a 10 second penalty for overtaking a lapped car. In the frustration I just retired from the race >.>. Germany is next and I am abit faster but still about 1.5seconds behind the pace ya it really odd either my setups were brilliant before and now not so or its the car. Heaven forbid its me ;) i went from winning in Valancia by a minute over 2nd place to fighting down in 8th-10th.

Updating my progress:
Virgin, Season 1. Assists: Medium TC, Auto-gears, corners racing line.
I race on 20% due to time constraints. Any higher and I'll never finish 5 seasons by F1 2012!

Intermediate AI (bought new wheel)
Australia: Q19th/R14th
Malaysia: Q20th/R17th
China: Q24th/R17th
Turkey: Q11th/R13th
Spain: Q11th/R11th
Monaco: Q1st/R16th (+20 sec time penalty)
Canada: Q9th/R18th (Wet, +10 sec time penalty)

Corrupt savegame.
Professional AI
Canada MkII: Q19th/R19th (Wet, game crashed on final straight)
Canada MkIII: Q19th/R19th (Wet)
Europe: Q19th/R17th
UK: Q19th/R18th
Germany: Q21st/R24th (Wet)
Hungary: Q19th/R12th
Belgium: Q24th/R23rd (Changeable conditions, was quite high up but dropped when rain hit)
Italy: Q13th/R12th (Intermediate AI as corrupt savegame happened again and wanted to get through it)
Singapore: Q19th/R10th (Back to Pro AI, they can't seem to overtake here even with fair racing)
Japan: Q19th/R16th
South Korea: Q18th/R16th
India: Q19th/R18th (Love this track!)
UAE: Q19th/R10th (Another track the AI sucks at overtaking)
Brazil: Q19th/R17th

WDC: 18th with 2 points
CC: 10th with 2 points

Any finishes of 16th or higher are either due to poor overtaking abilities or multiple pit-stops for the AI.
About to finish the season off and am moving to Williams for S2.

And the game just crashed as I was progressing away from the standings screens etc. Sao Paulo again?! If it wasn't for these crashes I'd be at Monaco in Season 2...
EDIT again: Ah it managed to save my progress to Season 2 despite the crash. Happy day!

How can you possibly get satisfaction by Qualifying and Winning every race in a Williams? Totally unrealistic and must be boring has anything. Obviously you need to turn off assists, up the AI level or stop using the 11/11 bug :)

I honestly agree. I'm driving with Racing line and medium TC. TC off and i keep spinning off. Racing line also slows me down incredibly. Does make me participate more realisticly, but tend to make me DNF/crash more often. (Experience from Grand Prix). Ai level legend and i'm driving in between the Virgins and i'm not using the 11/11 bug.

I'm a bit.. stuck. Causing me to quit my career for now. Comparing to other RD drivers i'm still very slow and career is not making much of a challenge, i must say i'm a bit stuck in the game. (thus i did not respond quickly to your post)

*sigh*

What to do?
Anyone tips on how to improve my driving line w/o the assist? That might work.

Into season 3 now with Mercedes after a rival offer at the end of last season. Started well so far, and I've been lucky with some very varied finishing positions amongst the top teams, no one really stamping their authority on this season so far.

Aus - Q7 R3
Mal - Q1 R1
Chi - Q3 R4
Tur - Q9 R3
Spa - Q1 R1
Mon - Q1

Currently leading the standings...was just being Webber but then he finished 14th in Spain

Coming to the end of Season 2 at the moment (Driving for Red Bull) 18 points ahead of Vettel 2 with 2 races to go. Won the title with Force India in my first season.

Currently playing on Inter AI. Learnt to play with TC Med, No ABS, Manual Gears, No Pit Assist in season 2 so going to up the AI difficulty in season 3.

I've setup a FUN blog to follow my career progress on the game @ http://f1racing.nickscotney.co.uk

Had an epic race at both venues.

Monaco - led from the off, but lost out to Alonso at the first pit stop with an undercut, Hamilton right behind me. Then I made a mistake on cold tyres and Hamilton snuck past. Stayed right behind him through until the next stops. I tried to stay longer on my primes to do an option-prime-prime-option strategy rather than 3 sets of primes, so lost a bit of time there, and then got caught in traffic on my last two laps before my last stop.

Came out of the pits on options for my last stint, 5 seconds behind Hamilton. Turned the fuel mix up and on options vs his primes caught him with 4 laps to go, struggled to get past him (I refuse to barge through people for the sake of realism), then my tyres started to go off and I backed off as my fuel ran low as well, and I was worried about making a big mistake on worn tyres. Ended up 3rd, really cool race.

Then at Canada, the race started in awful conditions. Broke too late into turn one and went wide, got it back on the track but was down in 9th. Picked off 2 cars fairly quickly and then set to catch Maldonado and Schumacher who had opened up a little gap. Got past them both over about a 10 lap period but then span and lost both places. Got post them again even caught up Webber in 4th. Sadly I span again and ended up behind Schumacher 6th. Pitted for inters along with everyone else and wasn't as fast on inters as I had been on wets. Couldn't get back past Schumacher and finished 6th. Really fun race, pace was level with 1st/2nd place but my spins cost me! Onto Valencia next :)

Im with Williams and have signed to renew contract, on penultimate race - 6th in the championship with Felipe pushing me hard. 4 wins, 3 poles and 5 podiums. Loving the Williams!

I will be postiong a thread soon with a write up of every race weekend in my second season with the improved Williams so stay tuned!

Season 1: HRT, No. 2 driver (moved up to equal after Silverstone)
Best finish: 4th (x3)
Pole Positions: 4
DNF's: 3 (Highlight of which would have been at Spa, went off racing line coming out of Eau Rouge on slicks on a drying track and, well, you can guess what happened)

Season 2: Williams No. 1 driver
Best finish: 1st (Shanghai, wet race)
Positions: 3
DNF's: 1.

Only got as far as Turkey though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years