F1 2011 How Is Your Career Progressing?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Post up how you're doing in your career thus far.

Force India - Four Wins, Three Poles, Only Missed the Podium Three Times

Melbourne - 4
Malaysia - 1
China - 1
Istanbul - 11
Spain- 2
Monaco - 1
Canada - 1
Valencia - 2
Silverstone - 4

Lead Mark Webber in the championship by 20 points.

Williams, Season 2. Assists: Medium TC, Auto-Gears, Corner racing line.
50% races, Short weekend.

Pro Ai.
Australia: Q1st/R1st
Malaysia: Q1st/R1st (Funny thing that i was ahead 1.2s at the start of the last lap and 5.8s at the end? Race director didn't say a thing)
China: Q1st/R1st (45s ahead of number 2? Also: Rubens qualy'd 2nd but finished 11th? Tehell?)
Turkey: Q/R
Spain: Q/R
Monaco: Q/R
Canada: Q/R
Europe: Q/R
United Kingdom: Q/R
Germany: Q/R
Hungary: Q/R
Belgium: Q/R
Italy: Q/R
Singapore: Q/R
South Korea: Q/R
India: Q/R
Abu Dhabi: Q/R
Brazil: Q/R

How can you possibly get satisfaction by Qualifying and Winning every race in a Williams? Totally unrealistic and must be boring has anything. Obviously you need to turn off assists, up the AI level or stop using the 11/11 bug :)

I've gotten off to a good start in Season 2:

Stayed on with Williams, legend ai, expert mode with a wheel, springs on between 6/6 and 8/8 depending on track.

Melbourne Q9, R6
Malaysia Q9, R8
China Q8 R5
Turkey Q12 R6
Spain Q1 R4
Monaco Q6 R1

First race win! :) The car has improved a lot with upgrades over the first couple of races. Set an epic lap to take pole in Spain but didn't have enough race pace to take the win. Monaco I got into 4th by the time we reached the top of the hill and gradually worked my way up over about 20 laps and then gradually started to build a gap to Alonso, won by about 5 seconds. Was helped out a little by carving through traffic better than the AI, but I was fastest overall and had the fastest lap. Pleased, but Monaco seems a little easy this year, so I'll be happier if I can get another win or two this season on a variety of tracks.

Just over half way gone in second season...

I like to wikify my results.
Hoping to take Williams back to the top.
I know they don't change engines in game. I just like to think the fictional writing attributes to my better results.
Championship Top 5 are like this: Alonso 192 Button 167 Hamilton 164 Me 162 Massa 119.
Other key points so far in my second season are that Vettel's having a shocker in 13th with only 31/13th, and Webbers not doing great on 57/11th. Renaults are pretty strong (Heidfeld 7th 75/ Petrov 6th 96), as are Saubers (Perez 9th 60/ Kobayashi 10th 59).
Is it true about cars actually getting better over seasons? I heard it somewhere and wasn't sure if it was true or not.

20%/ABS/Traction Control/Automatic/Legend

Hey Carmine.

Was looking into this over on the CM forums to try to get more info. There seems to be a discrepency with car performance...e.g. people, particularly in the bottom teams have noted that their team mate in season 2 has been insanely quick in comparison to what they've been able to do.

The cars are supposed to move up and down tiers from year to year, but there's some thought that the players cars might stay on it's original level when a player is driving it. Do you find the Williams faster in season 2, or do you think it's just your driving that's more consistent now? Personally I think it's a bit quicker

Hey Carmine.

Was looking into this over on the CM forums to try to get more info. There seems to be a discrepency with car performance...e.g. people, particularly in the bottom teams have noted that their team mate in season 2 has been insanely quick in comparison to what they've been able to do.

The cars are supposed to move up and down tiers from year to year, but there's some thought that the players cars might stay on it's original level when a player is driving it. Do you find the Williams faster in season 2, or do you think it's just your driving that's more consistent now? Personally I think it's a bit quicker

My Teammates definitely got quicker, i think in the first season he scored 2 points, he has 35 so far in the second. As for my speed, i've assumed its just me getting slightly better and tweaking of the set ups. I'll know for sure though in the third season as i don't think i can get any better than what i've done in some of the races in my second season. I'll also be number 1 from the beginning so i'll be able to dictate the r&d (i hope).

I assumed I was starting season 2 with equal status, seeing as that was the way it was from mid season in year 1, but I just got an email at Canada saying I was now on equal status with Rubens...hmmm.

Rubens only has 6 points so far so hopefully he'll do a bit more in the second half of the season.

I pretty much pulled a Sebastian Vettel in my second season. The McLaren was unbelievably fast and I won four straight twice and am in the process of doing it again. The only races I lost were Monaco, Cataluyna, Hungary and Spa. We are currently in South Korea, and I am on pole. My previous race in Japan was my favorite to date. I came out of pits 10 seconds behind Webber with eight to go, and on the last lap, I was just three seconds behind when, I think, he ran out of race or had to start conserving because I blew by him for the win and the title.

Have signed with Mercedes GP for next season, who seem to have replaced Ferrari as the third best team.

In my first career, I had won all but 1 race up until about monza in season 4 (first season I had it on the difficulty before legend, every season since was on legend, also used no aids through out) where i just wanted to end the season and had already won the championship that season. Problem was though I wanted to drive for Mercedes or Renault (I had already driven for Force India, Ferrari, Red Bull and was at Mclaren) and I had 50 Rep but despite this only had a contract extension from Mclaren and a rival contract offer because I had beaten Seb at Red Bull. So because of this I restarted and because I have 2 installs of F1 2011 (one on steam, another on disc) I edited the discs database so I could drive for sauber and play on the steam version so the tier/AI/car speed problem doesn't effect me.

Currently leading the championship (just after spa) despite mucking around most of the season. I'm hoping the car improves so I can help Kamui win a championship, as when I was in my 4th season in my first career the force indias were constantly qualifying and finishing in the 3rd-6th area so its good to see the car progression does work (the virgins were also now a solid midfield team and williams were the slowest team on the grid)

i won season 2 with williams, i think the car is pretty fast, AI LEGEND, now i changed to Lotus-Renault and i won 1st race exactly as i did with williams, identical manouver, passed Hamilton (same driver) in the last meters on the streight line before the finish using Kers and DRS and tooked 1st place with the nose of the car

Hey Carmine.

I have noticed this as well. I'm currently in my second season for Team Lotus. After having beat Force India in season 1 thanks to a 9th place in Istanbul the team seems to have moved up a tier. However, I still seem to be having trouble getting into Q2 while my teammate is consistently qualifying around 15th place. His race pace is 1 or 2 seconds better than mine while I used to be 2-3 seconds faster in season 1. I don't know whether this is a bug or not, but I hope this'll be fixed in the next patch(es).

Just finished my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] season with Lotus last night – Legend AI, Long Race Weekend, 50% Race Distance (All Sims On , All Assists Off) 1.6 Damage Mod used.

Melbourne – Q20 , R19
Malaysia – Q19 , R24
China – Q19 , R19
Turkey – Q19 , R19
Catalunya – Q12 , R19
Monte Carlo– Q8 , R13
Montreal – Q18 , R19
Valencia– Q19 , R19
Silverstone – Q19 , R19
Nürburgring – Q19 , R17
Budapest – Q22 , R19
Spa-Francorchamps – Q18 , R19
Monza – Q19 , R19
Singapore – Q19 , R24
Suzuka – Q17 , R7 – Full Wet Race , my most epic and enjoyable race of 2011 so far J
Yeongam – Q19 , R19
New Delhi – Q19 , R19
Yas Marina Circuit – Q19 , R19
Sao Paulo – Q19 , R19

Pretty straight forward 1[SUP]st[/SUP] season with Lotus, near impossible to finish above 19[SUP]th[/SUP] especially on 50% race distance as the KERS teams just have too much speed and I don’t weave in and out like a madman trying to block the AI, I make one defensive move to add to the realism, only on some tracks can you actually compete because the AI are naturally slow.

Had offers from Force India (Beat my rival Sutil), Williams, HRT, Virgin and Lotus , decided to go with Force India for the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] season as they actually finished above Williams so moved up to a Tier 3 team, plus I love the way the FI car looks. I have to say going from the Lotus to the Force India is a massive change, I have to slightly change my driving style now and the sound of the engine is just sexual! Plus added bonus of KERS.

Had a quick run in P1 of Melbourne last night to test the new car out and to my surprise Di Resta was sitting in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] towards the end of the session with myself in 9th!

Just finished my Race at Hungaroring Budapest was a fun race had a bit of a problem with the pitstops which got me rejoining in ~10th place, Although it was quite a succes with the williams, Got pole and finished first with a 2 second lead over alonso though i have it on professional AI Since i race with a joystick!

Hey Nitecom.

FI must've had a decent finish in one of the last few rounds then! Hope you didn't have to resort to any kind of under hand tactics!! :)

Added a 5th at Valencia and a 6th at Silverstone to my season 2 record with Williams now. In 5th in the constructors, going to have a rival choice in two races...probably going to take on Rosberg and try to get a drive at Mercedes...sadly Schumacher is behind me and unlikely to get in front before then

Haha wasup Chris! :)

It actually worked out quite well! Due to a safety car incident in India and 6-7 cars retiring, Di Resta finished in 7th! That was enough points to put FI ahead of Williams in the championship and finish ahead of them , Sutil didn't score a single point so they offered me his drive! :D

I ended my career in the first season already after three 100% races. I really can't motivate myself this year to go through the entire career mode. I am more an online racer I guess.

Will do my occasional custom GP in race weekends and a few time trials if I need instant racing and for the rest I fear this is it. The online part of PC is so poor compared to other simulations.

Will put my online hopes for F1 on this game for now and race against Barrichello and Massa online hopefully as they seem to be massive fans of the game :)

Haha wasup Chris! :)

It actually worked out quite well! Due to a safety car incident in India and 6-7 cars retiring, Di Resta finished in 7th! That was enough points to put FI ahead of Williams in the championship and finish ahead of them , Sutil didn't score a single point so they offered me his drive! :D

I have yet to see a safety car and I am about done with my second season.

Career 1 (On...a "questionable" game copy)

Force India: Intermediate difficulty...all rules on, full damage... auto gears, TC full, ABS on

Won 17/19 races I think... moved to Mclaren for season 2

Season 2: 6 races Legend difficulty.. same aids as above

Won all 6.

---

Steam copy of game

Restarted career in williams F1. Professional difficulty..

Just finished melbourne last night
Finished 5th. Could have finished higher up...if not for being held up in the pits.

Either way..gotta commend CM for making the car differences huge.... the williams drives like a brick compared to force india...and the mclaren drives like an agile BMW 3 series compared to a honda civic....precision perfect.

On Expert difficulty

Season 1: Force India
-Can't remember the race results
-WDC: 1st
-WCC: 3rd

Season 2: McLaren
-Melbourne – Q1 , R1
Malaysia – Q1 , R1
China – Q1 , R1
Turkey – Q1 , R1
Catalunya – Q1 , R1
Monte Carlo– Q1 , R1