F1 2011 How Is Your Career Progressing?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Post up how you're doing in your career thus far.

Force India - Four Wins, Three Poles, Only Missed the Podium Three Times

Melbourne - 4
Malaysia - 1
China - 1
Istanbul - 11
Spain- 2
Monaco - 1
Canada - 1
Valencia - 2
Silverstone - 4

Lead Mark Webber in the championship by 20 points.

I was doing so well up until Valencia. Now had 3 DNF in a row!! (Force India on Pro level) in season 2

The worst of which was an awful crash into the pit barrier fence at Nurburgring. I reckon I would have been hospitalized it was so bad. I think all my wheels came off at once!

I finally started my Career for Team Lotus (50%, long weekends, Pro AI, no assists, Flashbacks enabled for random Penalties; same as in 2010 but so far I didn't need any Flashback, the game is less buggy regarding penalties or random spin-outs.). I'm driving with a DFGT @ PC.

Australia: I love the track, so practice was nice to feel the difference to 2010 and to get used to my wheel (played 2010 with gamepad), though I needed to restart my career twice before my R&D success got accepted by the game... I read that the AI in Australia is quite fast, so I was happy with P19 in Qualifying, about half a second faster than Jarno. The race was kind of boring, finished 18th due to Buemi crashing his car in the first corner. I got lapped once by all 17 cars in front and lapped each car behind me once either. All sessions were completely dry btw.

Malaysia: Oh great, all sessions wet... At least P1 was dry for the first 20 minutes or so, I was just able to find a setup working for me (I used really high wing settings, 6-8 or so I think) before the rain started pouring. The AI was much much slower, at least in P1 I managed to score a top 10 position, but not everyone posted a dry time. P2/P3 were my first experience in the wet. Oh man is it hard without any TC! I ended up dead last, drove with 11-11 wings, lacking at least 15-20 kph top speed to the cars around me but had much better cornering speed. Q1 started with just light rain, so I went out quickly on Inters and was able to set a decent time after 2 or 3 laps. I went back to pits for a little setup tweak (less wing as it started drying) and put in another hot lap putting me in P18. Suddenly, it started raining like hell again which ****ed up the Force India's grid positions, they will start behind me! :D I hope I will be able to race tonight (100% rain forecast again), I guess the "slower" AI at Malaysia saves me as I really suck at driving in wet conditions.

Currently, with Force India (1st year). Hoping to move if the better teams offer. I don't want 1st seat at Force even though after Silverstone, VM offered me "equal standing".

Long Weekends, 50% Race.

Results: At Germany right now.
Australia - Q2 R1
Malaysia - Q4 R1
China - Q7 R1
Turkey - Q1 R1
Spain - Q1 R1
Monaco - Q2 R1
Canada - Q3 R1
Europe - Q21 R3 (Q1 was not kind, to say the least)
UK - Q1 R1

i already won the championship even tho the season hasn't finished yet, 3 races left to do, 13 wins untill now, at Force India, at Legend AI, the car runs pretty good, although you have to struggle in corners to push the tempo, because on streight lines you don't have much chance unless you are behind another car and use KERS.
The thing is i only got offers from like 4 teams, like Lotus, Hrt, Virgin and Williams, so i choosed williams just because i was bored of Force India look of the car LOL, mainly that is why i choose to change teams...

Currently, with Force India (1st year). Hoping to move if the better teams offer. I don't want 1st seat at Force even though after Silverstone, VM offered me "equal standing".

Long Weekends, 50% Race.

Results: At Germany right now.
Australia - Q2 R1
Malaysia - Q4 R1
China - Q7 R1
Turkey - Q1 R1
Spain - Q1 R1
Monaco - Q2 R1
Canada - Q3 R1
Europe - Q21 R3 (Q1 was not kind, to say the least)
UK - Q1 R1

O yeee,ultra easy level...
Force India,9 race-8 wins,just realistic,same 2011 season:wink:

I am up to Silverstone at the moment, just finished Valencia. I play on Professional difficulty, 50%, TCS and ABS both on (using a controller...will try to do it without those once I am used to it more), Tyre/Fuel sim on, everything else off. Racing for Force India.

Australia - One of my favourite tracks from 2010 had a lot of practise on it. Qualified 13th and managed to work my way up to 5th holding off Alonso until he got past me by the second round of pit stops. Despite this I caught Petrov who was the new 5th placed man and overtook him and managed to hold him off to finish 5th. 10 Points.

Malaysia - Was quite surprised to qualify in 1st place, then noticed everyone complaining about the slow AI there. I did a Vettel at this track and was about 2 seconds or so ahead of...well Vettel for a long time until I got more used to the track. I opened up a gap of 20 seconds until I noticed the AI pit for new tyres so pitted as well and made it to the end 14 seconds ahead of Vettel. 25 Points

China - Qualified 11th. The race started off dry and I managed to get up into 5th place but lost places to Rosberg and Button. Pitted in 7th place for Primes and it started raining a bit just before my next stop. I put on inters on lap 17 and the AI followed suit on lap 19. I started falling back when my tyres started failing so checked where I'd come out if I pitted. It said 11th but before I pitted I lost 2 more places to Vettel and Petrov. I pitted for wets with 4 laps to go and came out ahead of Maldonado in 10th place. I crossed the line for the second to last lap and Webber crossed it shortly after before Maldonado could get across. 1 Point.

Turkey - Qualified 10th. Had a nice fight with Petrov and Kobayashi for most of the race for 9th/10th and 11th places. We were around a second between each other the entire race until with a few laps to go I turned the fuel mix up and started putting in faster laps and ended up 9th, 4 seconds ahead of Petrov. 2 Points.

Spain - Qualified 2nd. Thought it'd be a nice easy race after qualifying 2nd but I was wrong. I couldn't make my tyres last long enough to make it to the first stop so pitted a lap early. I tried to make up for it but it didn't work and while in 4th place my tyres just lost it on the last lap and I finished 17th...Nil points.

Monaco - Qualified 18th. I don't like Monaco. In 2010 I kept needing new wings every few laps, this time I did slightly better but got a penalty for nudging Perez slightly while in 9th place. Took my drive through and never really recovered, finished 16th. No Points.

Canada - Qualified 1st. My second pole of the season. Rain was expected in the race and after what happened in China I was hoping to do better. I kept first place for the whole race until the rain came and I went onto inters. I was only 7 seconds ahead of Webber and Hamilton and they duely caught up and over took me. I decided to go onto full wets and kept Massa at bay for 3rd place. 15 points.

Valencia - Qualified 15th. Wasn't sure what to expect after a poor qualifying position but was a lot faster in the race and after a little while found myself up in 2nd lapping the same speed as the leading car and slightly faster than the ones behind. After my last stop I was 3rd behind Button and Hamilton and was hoping one of them would have to pit again but they didn't so 3rd it was. 15 Points.

I think I am 7th in the championship with 68 points with Force India in 5th in the constructors...with 68 points. Depending on who I move to next season and how this season goes I am thinking of upping the AI to legend.

New wheel, first race sim. Etc.

Virgin, Season 1. Assists: Medium TC, Auto-Gears, Corner raceing line.
50% races, Short weekend.

Intermediate Ai.
Australia: Q17th/R20th
Malaysia: Q1st/R1st (somehow this was a lot easier?)
China: Q1st/R16th (lost my frontwing, required 3 pit-stops -_-)
Turkey: Q12th/R9th
Spain: Q1st/R1st
Monaco: Q3rd/R16th
Canada: Q1st/R1st (Got pushed in the first lap, came out just right and never looked behind. Pit in 1st, pit out 3rd. Next lap: Back on pole)
Europe: Q1st/R3rd
United Kingdom: Q1st/R1st (after 12 laps, slided off. Had to get back 6 positions)
Germany: Q20th/R19th
Hungary: Q1st/R3rd
Belgium: Q19th/R15th
Italy: Q7th/R3rd
Singapore: QDNQ/R10th
Japan: Q19th/R16th (Had a nice start, was catching up to heidfield at 9th. I locked up at the chicane and spun off. Got a 10s penalty for corner cutting and a 10s penalty for dangerous driving while entering the track. WTF? But okay, i lost 2 places and was running 11. Buemi passed me in the last lap, down to 12. Add the 20s and finished 16th, what a race.)
South Korea: Q19th/R1st (Qualy was wet and crappy)
India: Q24th/RDNF (Qualy was wet, couldn't get the setup right) R: i spun off 18 times driving a solid 30s behind my teammate at 23th before i hit the tyres and was out. I took the redbull set-up for dry (for my Virgin) and had no grip what-so-ever. Just crash and dash. Too bad, so sad.
Abu Dhabi: Q11th/R5th
Brazil: Q15th/R9th

That's it for season one.
I'm moving to Williams now and upping the AI to Pro.
I managed to achieve a 5th position for this season and am aiming top 3 this one :)

Legend AI, no assists, 50%..Williams season 1.

Australia - Q10 R7
Malaysia - Q4 R2
China - Q11 R7
Turkey - Q8 R6
Spain - Q10 R8
Monaco - Q11 R6
Canada - Q8 R10
Europe - Q10 R6
UK - Q18 R11
Germany - Q11 R11
Hungary Q10 R6
Spa Q11 R DNF in the wet :(
Italy - Q8 R4
Singapore - Q11 R3 thanks to an adventurous race strategy and probably the best race I've ever driven

On Japan now, feel like this one will be a tough one. Struggling through wet practice to find a qualifying set up which won't destroy my tyres in the dry race.

At the moment I can only only keep pace (say 10-14 position) with high levels of toe and fairly stiff springs/roll bars. Surely this is going to destroy my tyres?

(No 11-11 bug used here)

Williams, Season 2. Assists: Medium TC, Auto-Gears, Corner racing line.
50% races, Short weekend.

Pro Ai.
Australia: Q1st/R1st
Malaysia: Q1st/R1st (Funny thing that i was ahead 1.2s at the start of the last lap and 5.8s at the end? Race director didn't say a thing)
China: Q1st/R1st (45s ahead of number 2? Also: Rubens qualy'd 2nd but finished 11th? Tehell?)
Turkey: Q/R
Spain: Q/R
Monaco: Q/R
Canada: Q/R
Europe: Q/R
United Kingdom: Q/R
Germany: Q/R
Hungary: Q/R
Belgium: Q/R
Italy: Q/R
Singapore: Q/R
South Korea: Q/R
India: Q/R
Abu Dhabi: Q/R
Brazil: Q/R

Australia - Q10 R7
Malaysia - Q4 R2
China - Q11 R7
Turkey - Q8 R6
Spain - Q10 R8
Monaco - Q11 R6
Canada - Q8 R10
Europe - Q10 R6
UK - Q18 R11
Germany - Q11 R11
Hungary Q10 R6
Spa Q11 R DNF in the wet :(
Italy - Q8 R4
Singapore - Q11 R3 thanks to an adventurous race strategy and probably the best race I've ever driven
Japan - Q11 R8
Korea - Q11 R8
India - Q11 R7
Abu Dhabi - Q11 R15 (Span into the barrier on the last lap and lost my front wing while battling Rosberg and Schumi for 7th-9th :(
Brazil - Q7 R5 (Had the fastest lap by 0.5sec as well - I've done way too many laps on this track in the past haha)

Just about to start season 2, looks like McLaren have been replaced by Mercedes in tier 1, Renault have dropped to tier 3 in place of Sauber. And Force India are going to be the back markers.

The end of my first season with Force India went incredibly well. Typically I struggle with the final few tracks but I actually did really well and took the title in India, before signing with McLaren.

First Season Results - Race Only

Melbourne - 4
Malaysia - 1
China - 1
Istanbul - 11
Cataluyna - 2
Monaco - 1
Canada - 1
Valencia - 2
UK - 4
Germany - 9
Hungary - 1
Spa - 9
Italy - 1
Singapore - 2
Japan - 1 - Lapped the field
South Korea - 2
India - 1
UAE - 1
Brazil - 1

-----

McLaren

Australia - 1
Malaysia - 1
China - 1
Istanbul - 1
Spain - 8
Monaco - 4

I'm up to Silverstone in my first season, driving with virgin.
Started slowly but have achieved much better results recently,
althought the objectives virgin have set are getting pretty stupid.
They expect 10th in Q and 8th in race for some reason.
AI set to intermediate, auto-gears is my only assist. 50% long race weekend.

Australia- 19th Q, 19th R
Malaysia- 17th Q, 17th R
China- 19th Q, 18th R
Turkey- 19th Q, 19th R
Spain- 19th Q, 12th R
Monaco- 19th Q, 6th R
Canada- 19th Q, 8th R
Europe- 19th Q, 9th R

Have failed Qualifying objecdtive last 4 races, hope to move to any car accept the bottom 3 but my rep is very low.

season one was with force india.
came 3rd in the drivers championship or 4th in the contructors .

season two im with mclaren now,

Melbourne : 1st
Malaysia : 1st
China : 1st
Istanbul :10th .had accident and cudnt contiue for q3
Cataluyna : 1st
Monaco : 1st
Canada : 1st
Valencia : 1st
UK : 1st

Melbourne : 1st
Malaysia : 1st
China : 1st
Istanbul :1st
Cataluyna : 1st
Monaco : 1st
Canada : 1st
Valencia : 1st
UK : 1st
''

the mclaren is unbeatable :cool: mercedes and red bull are close.
and giving good battles for position.

drivers championship
1 me
2 nico
3 lewis
4 micheal
5 vettel
6 webber
7 alonso
8 massa
ect

legend difficulty
no aids
50% races
using the g25 wheel on the ps3

Just started my career a few days ago with Williams. Running 50% distance, with all assists off except for Med. TC and drive with manual transmission. Oh, and AI difficulty is on Legendary.

Australia:
Qualified: 18th
Race Finish: 10th

Malaysia:
Qualified: 3rd
Race Finish: 3rd

China:
Qualified: 18th
Race Finish: 9th

Turkey:
Qualified: 16th
Race Finish: 7th

Spain:
Qualified: 11th
Race Finish: 18th

Catalunya has always been my worst track. In F1 2010 I could not get a fast lap on it at all, and now that I have a wheel to use in F1 2011 and became somewhat good on it, my tires wore down super quick, and on the last lap I ran out of fuel coming down the start/finish straight to start the last lap.

I'm a bit confused with the career mode.... I won the WDC with FI (on easy - as I had just started!), now driving for RBR on Intermediate and won WDC again. Never got an offer from Ferrari OR McLaren..... yet MercedesGP offered me a spot....
Someone care to enlighten me why I never got an offer from these two teams...

Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years